WTB 24-70 2.8 (and i'm up in Canada and don't rip me off this time!)

paddlerxpaddlerx Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited November 5, 2007 in House of Canon
Looking to buy immediately. However i'm going to be a bit more careful this time though...paypal just refunded me the money i sent to a thief. he promised a lens then disappeared from radar the minute he withdrew money from the account. Paypal totally came through for me, but he also took another guy for another lens..but that money he can't get back (thiefs name is ... MOD EDIT: sorry for your experience, but we do not permit posting of other's personal information (full names and email addresses), even if they are crooked sellers
40d/sigma 10-20/24-70 2.8L /Canon 70-200f4/50 f1.8/Canon 430EX/ebay triggers and so on.

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 4, 2007
    Paddler, please reconsider the tone of this post. I am truly sorry you had a bad and frustrating buying experience, but a flaming attitude is not the way to go about getting what you want quickly - it comes across as accusing to those of us that may be potential trustworthy sellers.

as for my edit above, without the offense happening here on my forum, I cannot allow the posting of someone's personal information based on one person's experience.

Again, I apologize and I do appreciate that you are trying to warn others, but I have to stick to good policy for all.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    Gosh, Doc, but you are sure being polite about this!!

Paddler - I am sorry that you had a bad experience. I hope that you will come to trust us here at dgrin - always check the feedback thread, and the sellers other posts. You will come to recognize that this is a great, trustworthy community.

I also wonder what the reference to Canada is meant to do. I am also Canadian, and buy used lenses all the time. Paypal, google check out, visa, bank draft, all have worked for me without a problem to date.

Hope you find your lens, and hope you come to like us here!

ann

DoctorIt wrote:
    Paddler, please reconsider the tone of this post. I am truly sorry you had a bad and frustrating buying experience, but a flaming attitude is not the way to go about getting what you want quickly - it comes across as accusing to those of us that may be potential trustworthy sellers.

as for my edit above, without the offense happening here on my forum, I cannot allow the posting of someone's personal information based on one person's experience.

Again, I apologize and I do appreciate that you are trying to warn others, but I have to stick to good policy for all.

thanks,
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 4, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Gosh, Doc, but you are sure being polite about this!!
    Heh, just doing my job :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• z_28z_28 Registered Users Posts: 956 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    paddlerx wrote:
    Looking to buy immediately.

How about your local Canadian retailer ???
    D300, D70s, 10.5/2.8, 17-55/2.8, 24-85/2.8-4, 50/1.4, 70-200VR, 70-300VR, 60/2.8, SB800, SB80DX, SD8A, MB-D10 ...
    XTi, G9, 16-35/2.8L, 100-300USM, 70-200/4L, 19-35, 580EX II, CP-E3, 500/8 ...
    DSC-R1, HFL-F32X ... ; AG-DVX100B and stuff ... (I like this 10 years old signature :^)
  • pleblancpleblanc Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    Great fellow
    I think the Canadian comment was only to indicate the lens was required to be shipped to Canada. Allot of post are identified as US or UK only.
    The prices locally are little steep so we rely on these great forums to buy, sell and trade with other fellow photographers.
    Paddlerx is a stand up guy and i would have no problems buying or selling with him.

Paul
    Paul LeBlanc
  • Michel SourisMichel Souris Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    The tone was not nice, and I'm not sure how Canada got into it, or what the reference meant. I'm in Toronto and have bought and sold a lot here, on other boards, and on eBay, without a problem. It's no more difficult selling back and forth across the border, then it is within the country.
    Canon 50D, Box Brownie, Canon 17-85mm IS, Canon 70-200mm F2.8L, Sigma 10-20mm F4, Canon 50mm F1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8 Mk I, Canon 430EX II
  • dablandablan Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited November 5, 2007
    Hi -
    I've had this lens for about a year, bought brand new. I've been thinking about selling it to get the 24 - 105. While this new lens is f4 and the 24-70 is f/2.8, I also now have a 16 - 35 2.8 to cover those low light indoor shots.

I have the original box, lens hood, and case. Perfect condition. I've got a good rating here - selling a 5D, and buying a 300 f/4 recently.

This lens new at B&H is $1059 after rebate. I'm thinking of selling it for $875 and will include shipping.
    Dan Ablan
    Photographer, Author, 3D Animator, Instructor
    BOOKS | TRAINING | PHOTOGRAPHY | 3D ANIMATION
  • dablandablan Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited November 5, 2007
    Ok, I'm ready to sell this. Just ordered the 24-105.
    I'll post pics of the lens this evening when I get home. For now, here's some recent shots, all taken with the 24-70 2.8L - click the link:
    2.8 SHOTS
    Dan Ablan
    Photographer, Author, 3D Animator, Instructor
    BOOKS | TRAINING | PHOTOGRAPHY | 3D ANIMATION