IP address blocking

mteichermteicher Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited November 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is there any way to block specific IP addresses from a specific site and prevent them from viewing my smugmug page? I already inserted them into my deny IP manager for my hosting provider.

/thx
Mark Teicher
Principle Photographer/Co-Founder
Body Bumpers, LLC
PH: 717 918 1262
Fax: 831 480 5873
url: www.body-bumpers.com
email: mteicher@body-bumpers.com

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    mteicher wrote:
    Is there any way to block specific IP addresses from a specific site and prevent them from viewing my smugmug page? I already inserted them into my deny IP manager for my hosting provider.

/thx
    No, I'm sorry, this is not possible.

If you want to prevent people from looking at your images, try Private or Passworded galleries.
  • mteichermteicher Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    No, I'm sorry, this is not possible.

If you want to prevent people from looking at your images, try Private or Passworded galleries.

It is possible through the ACL I have placed on my dominname since I utilize a CNAME configuration. Passwording an album would require all person visiting the galleries to have a password, or providing the URL to all people attempting to view the various galleries.

IP deny would prevent sites that have known slurping capabilities. Yahoo Slurp is the site I wish to block
    Mark Teicher
    Principle Photographer/Co-Founder
    Body Bumpers, LLC
    PH: 717 918 1262
    Fax: 831 480 5873
    url: www.body-bumpers.com
    email: mteicher@body-bumpers.com
    edited November 4, 2007
    if you don't want to be found by Search Engines, try SmugIslands thumb.gif
  • BELphotosBELphotos Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    http://www.BELphotos.com

"Never leave home without a camera"
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    BELphotos wrote:

That would require that we had the ability to specify a robots.txt file for a smugmug generated site. I'm pretty sure even Pro accounts can't do that.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
    edited November 5, 2007
    cabbey wrote:
    That would require that we had the ability to specify a robots.txt file for a smugmug generated site. I'm pretty sure even Pro accounts can't do that.
    you are correct thumb.gif
  • BELphotosBELphotos Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2007
    MTeicher....
    Can you divulge why you don't want Yahoo! to index your website. Not knowing your goal, quite frankly, has made me very curious.

Is it not the objective of most photographers to display the photographs they have made? If Goggle is indexing your site, why not Yahoo!? Would that not equate to less exposure, and possibly less sales. ne_nau.gif

BELphotos
    http://www.BELphotos.com

"Never leave home without a camera"