30 gig upload

mugzymugzy Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited November 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hey. I have about 30 gigs of photos that I want to get into my smugmug account as a backup. An upload via my cable modem would take forever. Does anyone know of places that allow you to hook up to their network and do an upload like this?

Is there any other way to get these photos on my account?

thanks,

Mugzy

Comments

• darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    mugzy wrote:
    Hey. I have about 30 gigs of photos that I want to get into my smugmug account as a backup. An upload via my cable modem would take forever. Does anyone know of places that allow you to hook up to their network and do an upload like this?

Is there any other way to get these photos on my account?

thanks,

Mugzy

Maybe an Internet gaming center? They'd probably have a fast outbound connection (as opposed to coffee shops, etc., which mainly offer shared DSL connections).

I know Kinkos used to let you plug into their Internet for free, but I'm not sure about their outbound speeds. Back in 2003, as part of a partnership with T-Mobile, supposedly they upgraded all the connections to T1s. Worth calling, I guess.

Bring an Ethernet cable. And uh, they'd probably prefer you bring a laptop instead of a tower. Well, except at the gaming place, where that might gain you more respect.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    Try an uploader like Star Explorer, it's wonderful for such huge amounts - www.starexplorer.com

30gb, so what - set it, and let it run for however long it takes thumb.gif