Categories

mafotografixmafotografix Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
edited November 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
In my Homepage, I can see all my gallery categories just fine.

However, when I try to rename a category in Customize/rename a category, some galleries in my Homepage do not show up? To be exact 3 do not show up but all the others do.

How can I fix this?
Thanks.

www.mafotografix.com

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited November 3, 2007
    In my Homepage, I can see all my gallery categories just fine.

However, when I try to rename a category in Customize/rename a category, some galleries in my Homepage do not show up? To be exact 3 do not show up but all the others do.

How can I fix this?
    Thanks.

www.mafotografix.com
    You can only rename categories that you created; the standard categories cannot be renamed.

Are the three categories that you are having problems with standard smugmug-supplied categories? If they are, you can create a new category with the name that you prefer and reassign galleries to that new category.

--- Denise
  • mafotografixmafotografix Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    You can only rename categories that you created; the standard categories cannot be renamed.

Are the three categories that you are having problems with standard smugmug-supplied categories? If they are, you can create a new category with the name that you prefer and reassign galleries to that new category.

--- Denise

I think they are standard categories eg wedding, admin, and other.

Sorry but how do I 'reassign' (move) a gallery from the standard category to a new one? Right now I use the rename to 'move' them.

Thanks Denise.
  • mafotografixmafotografix Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    Oh wait. I figured it out.
    I did it within the gallery itself. Wish the control was at the same level as the folder level.

Thanks Denise.
    I think they are standard categories eg wedding, admin, and other.

Sorry but how do I 'reassign' (move) a gallery from the standard category to a new one? Right now I use the rename to 'move' them.

Thanks Denise.