url forwarding

tomic2006tomic2006 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited November 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi, if I decide to ignore everyone's advice and still use url forwarding instead of getting a pro account and using CNAME, is there an easy way to do it? I have set it up at mydomain, but it seems to get 'hung up' - is there some javascript or css that i need to enter?
thanks
matthew

Comments

• theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    URL Forwarding?
    Matthew,

I recently had Beach Bill (best friend and fellow Dgrinner) over at DNS Central apply a DNS forward instead of using a script. It's easy to manage and now I'm not paying additional hosting. Next year I'm going to move to a pro account when I'm ready.
  • tomic2006tomic2006 Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    Yes.
    theNOIZ wrote:
    Matthew,

I recently had Beach Bill (best friend and fellow Dgrinner) over at DNS Central apply a DNS forward instead of using a script. It's easy to manage and now I'm not paying additional hosting. Next year I'm going to move to a pro account when I'm ready.

Thanks Shaun,
    I'm in the process of setting up url forwarding (is this the same as DNS?) at mydomain.com. It's a free service there when you register your domain name with them. A friend of mine has been using forwarding to smugmug for years without any problems. WHen (if) I start selling prints, then I may upgrade to pro and 'do it right', but for now I can't justify spending three times the price of a power account just to avoid the url forwarding issue. Seems to be a bit of a touchy subject with the admins, I hope I'm not pissing anybody off!
    m