Options

Fresh Snoi!

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited November 5, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Those who spent time with me on the pre and shootout know that I hate winter!!! Last year we had snow fall Oct. 1 that did not leave until April 30! And we had multiple days below -30C.

And snoi is the way skippy says the word - and the aussie DJ from Sydney says Noi, so I think that makes it official pronounciation.

So this year we got 34 extra snow free days over last year, and the snow fall from last night is merrily melting right now because it is sunny and "warm".

I wanted to test my most recent (and I promise, my last for a long while) photography purchase, the 24 - 105 L. I was testing for sharpness wide open, and have not PPd the shots at all - only RAW conversions.

Rose hips
217206430-M.jpg

Sea Holly
217207423-M.jpg

Kelso (boy is he happy to see snow!)(and I did edit this a bit)

217210393-M.jpg

ann

Comments

• Options
    edited November 4, 2007
    And a couple of Muench Stars

217266520-M.jpg

and one with major lens flare - good news is that a lens hood comes with, silly me I didn't use it!

217263625-M.jpg
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Those who spent time with me on the pre and shootout know that I hate winter!!! Last year we had snow fall Oct. 1 that did not leave until April 30! And we had multiple days below -30C.

And snoi is the way skippy says the word - and the aussie DJ from Sydney says Noi, so I think that makes it official pronounciation.

So this year we got 34 extra snow free days over last year, and the snow fall from last night is merrily melting right now because it is sunny and "warm".

I wanted to test my most recent (and I promise, my last for a long while) photography purchase, the 24 - 105 L. I was testing for sharpness wide open, and have not PPd the shots at all - only RAW conversions.

Rose hips
    Sea Holly
    Kelso (boy is he happy to see snow!)(and I did edit this a bit)
    ann

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ann, Ann, Ann, my pronunciation of the word SNOW,
    and the word NO is a bad habit I picked up from the Office Clown at work.
    The boy used to keep us in fits of laughter, but he has since moved into another area at work..... the lad should have been a comedian :D

I do love Snow, I do, I do iloveyou.gif it looks so clean and fresh.

You could just about do cross country skiing in your back yard I recon nod.gif

Mr Kelso does look happy to be in the snow, folks this dog is about the size of a small horse I tell you he is huge!!!

Thank you for sharing your Snoi rolleyes1.gif images Ann .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    I love snoi! How do you live where you do if you hate winter? eek7.gif

I think it looks so picturesque from here. And what a great new lens to have to play around with ! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2007
    :D:D
    Hey, Maxine, speaking of work...how goes it?

I love snow like this - clean and melting!

Yep, XC skiing is something I have thought about - does that work for burning calories - thinking about exercise???

ann

Skippy wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ann, Ann, Ann, my pronunciation of the word SNOW,
    and the word NO is a bad habit I picked up from the Office Clown at work.
    The boy used to keep us in fits of laughter, but he has since moved into another area at work..... the lad should have been a comedian :D

I do love Snow, I do, I do iloveyou.gif it looks so clean and fresh.

You could just about do cross country skiing in your back yard I recon nod.gif

Mr Kelso does look happy to be in the snow, folks this dog is about the size of a small horse I tell you he is huge!!!

Thank you for sharing your Snoi rolleyes1.gif images Ann .... Skippy :D
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    I love snoi! How do you live where you do if you hate winter? eek7.gif

I think it looks so picturesque from here. And what a great new lens to have to play around with ! thumb.gif

Well Stephanie, it's like this:

When winter is 7 months long, so cold out that your nostrils freeze together, snow gets covered in sand so the roads are drivable, one must wear socks, boots and mittens day in day out...well, winter can be a bit much.

If winter were a few days of clean fresh snow, followed by sunny skies, if it only lasted from December to February, any of that might make it bearable.

Migration is high on my list of "to do's"! Hopefully somewhere with palm trees ....too bad Canada doesn't have any, and actually immigrating isn't as easy as wishing it to be so!

Thanks, schmoo! I'll quit ranting now:soapbox

ann
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    :D:D
    Hey, Maxine, speaking of work...how goes it?

I love snow like this - clean and melting!

Yep, XC skiing is something I have thought about - does that work for burning calories - thinking about exercise???

ann

Hey there Ann.... well it's not in my best interest for me to tell you about my job online rolleyes1.gif but I'm sure you can guess knowing what you know :D
    ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin