Photo displayed for category or gallery?

gatorussgatoruss Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
edited November 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to assign a specific photo to be representnative of a gallery? For example, on my home page there is a section with my gallery categories - and one of the photos in that gallery/category is displayed, and serves as a link to that gallery/category. Can I assign the photo that is displayed?

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    gatoruss wrote:
    Is there a way to assign a specific photo to be representnative of a gallery? For example, on my home page there is a section with my gallery categories - and one of the photos in that gallery/category is displayed, and serves as a link to that gallery/category. Can I assign the photo that is displayed?
    In a gallery under "photo tools" select "feature photo". That photo thumb will
    be used for the gallery on the cat or sub-cat page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • gatorussgatoruss Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    In a gallery under "photo tools" select "feature photo". That photo thumb will
    be used for the gallery on the cat or sub-cat page.

Thanks, Al. And to cause a particular sub-cat to be displayed for a category, I use the position function? Selecting "feature gallery" doesn't seem to so anything?
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    gatoruss wrote:
    Thanks, Al. And to cause a particular sub-cat to be displayed for a category, I use the position function? Selecting "feature gallery" doesn't seem to so anything?
    I've heard that the thumb from the first gallery will be used, might be the
    same with cats and sub-cats. Not reall sure.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog