Seattle's Pike Place Market

greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
edited November 6, 2007 in Landscapes
For every photography class that is offered in Seattle, they almost always have the Pike Place Market as an assignment. Last Saturday I went with my current photography class to the Pike Place Market, a place I have been hundreds of times before. As something different, my buddy suggested a slow shutter speead as something different (but tripods are not allowed). I tried using a walls and poles as a "tripod". Here's what I got (any c&c would be much appreciated, thanks).

217187523-L.jpg

217179250-L.jpg
Andrew
initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    I like it! Next time I am down there I will have to try something like that out!
  • greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    I like it! Next time I am down there I will have to try something like that out!

Hey Rhuarc! I wish I had thought of this for photo that contest we were in. :D
    Andrew

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    Good Job! Surprisingly sharp for handhelds! Yeah you! clap.gif

VI
    dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    Andrew - really cool! I think the longish exposures are perfect for the marketplace that is always so busy with people milling about. I love markets like this and I'm glad you brought them over to show us. thumb.gif
  • greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    Van Isle wrote:
    Good Job! Surprisingly sharp for handhelds! Yeah you! clap.gif
    VI

Thanks! I did have a solid pole that I used to brace both the camera body and lens (it actually felt more stable than my tripod rolleyes1.gif).
    schmoo wrote:
    Andrew - really cool! I think the longish exposures are perfect for the marketplace that is always so busy with people milling about. I love markets like this and I'm glad you brought them over to show us. thumb.gif

Thanks schmoo!
    Andrew