monitor calibration

jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
edited November 7, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive way to calibrate our CRTs and LCDs? Also does Smugmug have any discounts with any sellers of such a product?
Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
FacebookFlickrSmugMug
SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
(use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)

Comments

• corbosmancorbosman Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    What do you consider inexpensive? If you're really serious about calibrating you should get a hardware monitor calibration device. I use a Spyder2Pro but there are several others as well.

Cor
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    jchin wrote:
    Can anyone recommend an inexpensive way to calibrate our CRTs and LCDs? Also does Smugmug have any discounts with any sellers of such a product?

I would also recommend a hardware calibration device (I have Eye-One Display), but if you want to go less expensive than that, then this is an excellent article to read and it includes pointers to some free products that will help you do as good as you can get without a hardware calibrator.

Here's the site: http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • jchinjchin Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    I would also recommend a hardware calibration device (I have Eye-One Display), but if you want to go less expensive than that, then this is an excellent article to read and it includes pointers to some free products that will help you do as good as you can get without a hardware calibrator.

Here's the site: http://epaperpress.com/monitorcal.

Thanks for the link ... will do some more reading.
    Since most of my photos are just for family (kids and stuff), I don't want to spend too much on calibration; especially since they photos have been printing out OK.
    Johnny J. Chin ~ J. Chin Photography
    FacebookFlickrSmugMug
    SmugMug referral coupon code: ix3uDyfBU6xXs
    (use this for a discount off your SmugMug subscription)