Download files from a Pro Smugmug account?

SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
edited November 6, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
I think I know the answer but I thought I'd ask...

Is there any way to download your own photos from a Smugmug Pro account?

Why? When I am on my office PC I have no access to my original art and would like to occasionally download a file to work on it.

Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited November 6, 2007
    SirGeorge wrote:
    Hi,
    I think I know the answer but I thought I'd ask...

Why? When I am on my office PC I have no access to my original art and would like to occasionally download a file to work on it.

Thank you all in advance.
    You can, but you'll need to allow originals temporarily, and if you have protection on you need to turn it off. So set protected to no, set largest size to original. That will enable the save. Save the photo to your local computer, then customize the gallery again to re-set protection and disable the originals.

It's a fast operation, so you're not opening your galleries to access for very long.

Another option is to use AlbumFetcher to download full galleries - and this option does not need you to allow access to originals. Forum thread about it - including info to download/install - is at http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47160.

--- Denise
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    SirGeorge wrote:

Yes.

There are many ways actually, if your office PC is Windows based, the easiest way, in my opinion, is AlbumFetcher.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug