Problem with new large image sizes

redcrown@mchsi.comredcrown@mchsi.com Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited November 7, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Excited to see that larger image displays are finally available. However, no joy on my end. All displays of the "Large" option remain at the old 800x600 limit.

What am I doing wrong? What is the trick?

I've customized an old gallyery to enable "X3L' and then applied "smugmoungous" to all photos in the gallery.

I've enabled "X3L" on a different old gallery and uploaded a new photo to it.

I've created a new gallery, enabled "X3L" and uploaded a new photo to it.

All photos are 3000x2000 or greater.

I've waited over 30 minutes for changes to apply.

I've cleared browser cache, closed and re-launched.

I've used Firefox 2.0.0.3 and IE 7.0.

Everything remains at 800x600 max???

Comments

• dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    Excited to see that larger image displays are finally available. However, no joy on my end. ...

What Style are you viewing pics from?

as far as I can tell, you can only see bigger pics in the Lightbox...

from the Smugmug style, you click on the pic you want to see bigger (on the right, and it appears in "light box" which will "auto" size the pic based on the size of the browser
  • LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Excited to see that larger image displays are finally available. However, no joy on my end. All displays of the "Large" option remain at the old 800x600 limit.

What am I doing wrong? What is the trick?

I've customized an old gallyery to enable "X3L' and then applied "smugmoungous" to all photos in the gallery.

I've enabled "X3L" on a different old gallery and uploaded a new photo to it.

I've created a new gallery, enabled "X3L" and uploaded a new photo to it.

All photos are 3000x2000 or greater.

I've waited over 30 minutes for changes to apply.

I've cleared browser cache, closed and re-launched.

I've used Firefox 2.0.0.3 and IE 7.0.

Do you have a link to your gallery that you are talking about? Maybe we can take a look and see exactly what you're talking about.

Thanks,

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    So they went to all that trouble and we can benefit from the new sizes in only one viewing style. Why did they limit it to just that??
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • redcrown@mchsi.comredcrown@mchsi.com Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Problem understood (not solved).
    Thanks, I see what's happening now. The large images are only available from the lightbox which is only available from the SmugMug Style.

How disapointing after waiting 2 years for the feature. I've just never been a fan of the SmugMug style, and try to avoid "mouseover" controls, or any kind of "pop-ups". Especially ones that obscure other content. However, I noticed that Andy's moonriver site managed to make the mouseover pane pop-up BELOW the image instead of on top of it.

I'll probably have to bite the bullit and accept the faults of SmugMug style in exchange for access to the large images.

P.S. LiquidOps - my gallery link is in my message headers as a "signature".
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 7, 2007
    Hey Guys,

Adding the larger image sizes was only phase one of the SmugMungous project.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited November 7, 2007
    ... However, I noticed that Andy's moonriver site managed to make the mouseover pane pop-up BELOW the image instead of on top of it.
    The pop-up below the image has been do-able for a while. Code is in the photobar section of the >>> change SmugMug default settings <<< post at the top of this forum.

Direct link - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=66912

--- Denise
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    bham wrote:
    So they went to all that trouble and we can benefit from the new sizes in only one viewing style. Why did they limit it to just that??
    a) patience

b) how, exactly can you have SmugMungous in filmstrip, or all thumbs?

c) hang in there thumb.gif