Withdrawn: Canon EF400 f/5.6L "Like New"

HarvHarv Registered Users Posts: 1,105 Major grins
edited November 7, 2007 in House of Canon
Offered for sale is a pristine Canon EF 400 f/5.6L c/w LensCoat that I purchased new this year from Aden in Toronto with a date code of UVxxxx. It's complete with all original pieces including caps, case and packaging. This lens is less than 6 months old and still under warranty. I have all the original paperwork as well as the blank warranty card.

This lens is for sale as I have found a good copy of the 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS and will be buying it. My shaky old hands really benefit from IS.

The best current street price I have seen on this lens new is $1,300 plus taxes, bringing it to almost $1,500 in this part of the world. The LensCoat cost an addtional $70 plus shipping and taxes.

Asking $1,000 including the LensCoat.

Interested parties should contact me directly by PM or Email.

harveygold@highpointvizslas.com

Paypal and shipping extra if applicable.

I have not bought or sold anything on this forum before but have done a number of high ticket transactions on Pixel-Shooter.com and my reputation can be checked out there. I also have a 100% feedback on Ebay under my user name of harvey_gold.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• DigitaldogDigitaldog Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    Harv
    Great pictures on your smugmug site. I went thru the whole thing...very pleasant tour of a lot of feel good pictures. Question: your birds of prey folder, what lens were those take with?

I'd love to pick up your 400mm but I have to sell some low mm primes to fund the purchase. Keep up the good work.
  • HarvHarv Registered Users Posts: 1,105 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    Digitaldog wrote:
    Great pictures on your smugmug site. I went thru the whole thing...very pleasant tour of a lot of feel good pictures. Question: your birds of prey folder, what lens were those take with?

I'd love to pick up your 400mm but I have to sell some low mm primes to fund the purchase. Keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments. The photos of the Birds of Prey on my Smugmug site were taken with a variety of lenses over time. Many with the 400 but also with a 300/4, 300/2.8, 500/4. A great many of my Songbird photos were also taken with that assortment of lenses.

This is the second 400 I've owned. After selling the first one, I missed it so I bought another. The bottom line for me is that I am no longer as steady as I once was and the 'IS' is a big plus for me.
    edited November 7, 2007
    Wednesday bump.
    edited November 7, 2007
    I have decided to hang on to this lens for the time being. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.