oregonsunrisedl3.jpg

ranchrm1.jpg

newtentgv8.jpg

beachko1.jpg

treefrogrc4.jpg

manwoodsmc8.jpg

bullelkcq3.jpg

elkma8.jpg

I'll be doing another trip this spring. I'll be doing a butterfly/wildflower expedition. :p
Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.

Comments

• Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    Nice set, I really like the first waterfall and the muted colors of the barn in the mist. The beach cylist is great too, maybe you would consider submitting it the Fried Quad guys to use?
  • Options
    CapturedByGraceCapturedByGrace Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    I love the 2nd waterfall.
    I like the 1st one, too, but the 2nd one, IMO is shot from a better perspective.
    I prefer shooting most waterfalls from the bottom, especially if it's a good-sized one. To me, shooting it from the bottom seems to emphasize the
    grandeur of the falls, as if I can still hear the waters rushing downward and crashing onto rocks, etc.
  • Options
    DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    I tried from the bottom but the fog that was generated by the falls made it look blurry and also the lens kept getting wet. :x
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • Options
    pantherlaxpantherlax Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    I love them, I would defintely be satisfied if I shot them. Especially your landscapes.

What is the ugly face looking thing after the photo of the frog, which i love the dof of.
  • Options
    DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    It was one of those tree mushrooms. I saw so many mushrooms on my trip, but I took the wrong person with me. headscratch.gif I should have known he'd rush through everywhere. I'll take a different person with me on my spring roadtrip.
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    ooh you have some nice captures there!! thumb.gif

especially 1-5 & 7!! clap.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    Looks to me like you got pretty nice images even though you feel you didn't,
    still I know exactly what you mean.

That tree mushroom, fugus, is fairly weird looking. Appears more slug than
    fugus. Couldn't find exact match on google. Close only.

I especially relate to your point about feeling rushed through every location
    without given much of a chance for creative pondering per opportunity.
    Drives me nuts always bringing up the rear and then hearing about it. Was
    reading in hunting book where the author specifically noted "find a good
    hunting buddy!" or your going to hate the whole outing. Words of wisdom.

Again, nice series of photos. :D Michael
    Michael