Random Travels

CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
edited November 7, 2007 in Landscapes
These are the first photos I've posted on here, so I'm a little nervous to say the least! These pics are all from different days, just random stopping on the road and seeing something interesting.. as for the house, It was random so I peeked my head inside.. Anyway c&c

1805914877_3f6f0bc84e.jpg

1339178071_54cd440c77.jpg

1241532201_2a530bfb64.jpg
"Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
-Marilyn Monroe

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    Hi and congrats for delurking!! I think you have a great set here and you really are able to convey the variety and openness of a rural country. I adore the clouds sitting on the empty horizon in the first - it cheers me as well as makes me think something ominous is coming.

I have a special place in my heart for old buildings, too... mwink.gif
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    I like the composition on the first picture with the angles and the clouds low to the roadway. The sepia conversion on the second brings out the details nicely.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 7, 2007
    great shots-

I love that first one!-
  • CapturedByGraceCapturedByGrace Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Great shots.
    I really like the 2nd one....how you captured the rubble in the room
    & the door off the hinges-really emphasizes the "wear & tear" on the building.
  • mANVILmANVIL Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    nicely done. Random travels are some of the best kind.
  • colfraglesscolfragless Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Dang I really Dig the first and third one.... Put the 2nd I would kinda Scared to be there.... Laughing.gif Great Pictures thx for Sharing ~Sparky~
    A Day where One can Spend all day doing something they Love is a wonderful day in deed... ~sparky~

Sparkyphotography.net
  • GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    1241532201_2a530bfb64.jpg

The face of the clock stands out nicely, but that parking sign is a bit obtrusive. Perhaps I'll have to stop by there and take a few of my own, I'm pretty sure its right downtown off Spadina.
  • CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    thanks for everyones comments, very reassuring!
    as for the church- I've got to say, I've seen a million photos of that church, all the same type of angles, composition.. so I TRIED something different. lol not saying it worked! I think I like the photo, just because I remember the exact conversation I was having at that time, the weather.. My negative feelings towards the cliche photos of that church.. etc lol. anyway thanks again all!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe