1685806530_a5ab470d7f.jpg

1806776620_b40a4d2950_b.jpg
"Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
-Marilyn Monroe

Comments

• Options
    NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Hi, I like the first shot look the most, but would prefer the composition to be landscape rather than portrait. I feel compelled to see more of the car. The car is now part of the foreground, but I wonder if that car closer to the front as a way to make it seem bigger and lead from it all the way back, wouldn't be more dramatic? Perhaps with a camera lower to the ground to exaggerate that large front-end look. But I do like that shot, and it looks nice and sharp.

Thanks!

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho
  • Options
    toberstobers Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    I find myself very drawn to the last one. What is is going on. What is in the lockers and why are they in the open. The pylon gives a great sense of position & atmosphere. Very nice indeed. Might be worth cropping in a bit on the left to remove a bit of the left-most locker. On the other hand, it makes you want to know how much is further to the left.

Fab pic.
  • Options
    GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    I love the old wood and steel elevators. My favourite thing about SK.

The 3rd photo is great!
  • Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Nacho wrote:
    Hi, I like the first shot look the most, but would prefer the composition to be landscape rather than portrait. I feel compelled to see more of the car. The car is now part of the foreground, but I wonder if that car closer to the front as a way to make it seem bigger and lead from it all the way back, wouldn't be more dramatic? Perhaps with a camera lower to the ground to exaggerate that large front-end look. But I do like that shot, and it looks nice and sharp.

Thanks!

N
    I know what you mean! I definately am seeing where you're going with that! Thanks for the pointer! Maybe I'll stop at that car another day and try'er out!
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    tobers wrote:
    I find myself very drawn to the last one. What is is going on. What is in the lockers and why are they in the open. The pylon gives a great sense of position & atmosphere. Very nice indeed. Might be worth cropping in a bit on the left to remove a bit of the left-most locker. On the other hand, it makes you want to know how much is further to the left.

Fab pic.

I'm glad you like it! These are actually mailboxes for rural homes.. anyway I had driven past these at least 100 times and had never actually stopped, but had always wanted to, finally, the sky was fairly clear, sunny.. needless to say I'm glad I stopped!

to Grainbelt:
    It's such a typical photo of an elevator, but I HAD to have one! I kinda feel like this is what people associate Saskatchewan with.. although there's plenty of other things (I feel) could be as infamous as our elevators.
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • Options
    broby6broby6 Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I really like the third pic. The interesting replication of the boxes, yet positions and colors make each unique. The tower dominates all. Excellent.