My daughter

tnoisawtnoisaw Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited November 8, 2007 in People
Please give me your honset opinion on this. I'm here to learn. Thanks.
Breonna9largeBWBlueeyessq.jpg

Comments

• LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Hello Tnoisaw,

I really like this image... well... most of it...

to be honest, the selective coloring in the eyes, kind of freaks me out... maybe it's too close to halloween... but who knows...

anyway... I'd love to see this shot either in full b/w or full color. I really like the pose and the lighting looks pretty well balanced in my opinion (not an expert).

I see you're kind of new here, so WELCOME :)

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    I agree with Stephen, not a big fan of the selective coloring of the eyes here. It is kinda freaking me out too.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    JimM wrote:
    I agree with Stephen, not a big fan of the selective coloring of the eyes here. It is kinda freaking me out too.

Agreed. Nice B&W conversion, good pose, nice lighting....just some freaky eyes! eek7.gif
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Welcome to DGrin
    Agreed, the selective color doesn't work well (or maybe it does that other's are freaked out..Laughing.gif). The lighting is good. The pose is more of a very relaxed nature giving it more of a candid/snapshot feel. I like the conversion overall too. This will be a nice one to have in the album....when she's older she'll thank you for it mwink.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • tnoisawtnoisaw Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Thanks for the honesty. In looking at it and taking the bias away from my beautiful girl I can see what you mean about the eyes. They do kind of freak you out.

Here is the original. This was one of my first in home studio attempts. I have cheap strobes so i couldn't wash out the background as I had hoped. Alien Bee's are in my future.

Thanks for the welcome.

Bresittingcolor.jpg
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Selective coloring could work in this picture if it were a really good close up...otherwise there is too much high key in this photo to really show off the selective coloring.

Something like this might work:

[IMG][/img]Eyes.jpg

My cutie grandbaby. Wow you're new...welcome to this place...it's a good place.
  • nvisiblephotonvisiblephoto Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Also agree with the rest on the selective coloring.
    Also, I think there's a little much white in the frame. Maybe a textured backdrop if you must use a backdrop or add a light on it to add some separation. Also bring your subject away from the background some. Of course with the plain white your bokeh won't matter.
    Unique. Artistic. Unconventional.
    http://www.NVisiblePhoto.com
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    tnoisaw wrote:
    Thanks for the honesty. In looking at it and taking the bias away from my beautiful girl I can see what you mean about the eyes. They do kind of freak you out.

And just so we're all clear - it's because she's a beautiful girl that the selective coloring freaks us out. She has very soft features and a lovely complexion so the start black and white contrast works quite well, it's just the blue that is out of place.

We're glad to have you around and keep sharing!
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    In some cases I am a fan of selective coloring, I have dabbled from time to time with a rose, or a dress, or a ribbon, etc. I am not however a fan of selective coloring of the eyes. It never looks natural unless it is an extreme closeup. The picture is very good as a straight b&w. I really like the pose and the conversion, I dont see any need for coloring the eyes.

Nice Shot!
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com