Self Snowboard Sportraits

JimmyHickeyJimmyHickey Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited November 7, 2007 in People
Went to the local beach again, and was planning on something different...me in my snowboard gear looking up waiting for snow, but it was getting too dark. Reading up on snowboard photography and reading through my magizines finally pushed me to the edge, I had to do something involving photography and snowboarding.
(self portraits)
not really happy with these first two, it was just to dark and my pp couldn't save me.
218500272-L.jpg
218499999-L.jpg
Wasn't really happy with those so brought out the work light attatched to my truck...
218499941-L.jpg
218500312-L.jpg
218500207-L.jpg

general C&C on the last three would be appreciated. I have tried working on what you guys have suggested in the past, this time I did too many head on shots(again..) but I am pretty satisfied with the last three:eek: Basically, what would make these last three, better?

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    How cool are your shots!rolleyes1.gif Just shows how bored (board) we riders get waiting for first snow. At least you are being creative in your down time, and getting acquainted with your gear (camera), and your gear (cool powder suit, and I like the brown frame of the goggles). You did a good job capturing the angst of waiting to ride. Nice seasonal work, unless of course you ride in Argentina, and your season is just ending.

"Pray For Snow!"

EDIT: Where do you ride? Hood? White Pass? Do you ever get up north to Crystal or Alpental?
    Growing with Dgrin

• JimmyHickeyJimmyHickey Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    leaforte wrote:
    How cool are your shots!rolleyes1.gif Just shows how bored (board) we riders get waiting for first snow. At least you are being creative in your down time, and getting acquainted with your gear (camera), and your gear (cool powder suit, and I like the brown frame of the goggles). You did a good job capturing the angst of waiting to ride. Nice seasonal work, unless of course you ride in Argentina, and your season is just ending.

"Pray For Snow!"

EDIT: Where do you ride? Hood? White Pass? Do you ever get up north to Crystal or Alpental?
    Ha thanks:) I feel the beach shots didn't reach their full potential but I'm not sure I am up to rhttp://www.dgrin.com/images/smilies/headscratch.gife-doing them on a sunnier day:bash
    I ride at all those places except Alpental...I've never even heard of thatheadscratch.gif
    But White Pass and Timberline are where I call my home, with the occasional trip to Batchler and Crystal.
    Where are you from? Not many people have heard of White Pass so thats coolthumb.gif
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    wow the "blues" in these images are so rich...good job.