Studio lighting rentals and setups??

PantherFanPantherFan Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited November 7, 2007 in People
Hello to all,

I've been asked to shoot a company Christmas party of around 200-300 people. I don't currently own any studio lighting, and am thinking I need to have a basic setup as we will be shooting entirely indoors.

Does anyone know of an online rental source for lighting kits? I'm thinking (2) strobe heads + fill. Most of the groups I'm going to be shooting will be 2-10 person groups/families.

Any suggestions for lighting setup and online vendors where one can rent?

Thanks in advance.

Donnie

:scratch
There's no shame in not owning tools...just like there's no shame in holding your wife's purse...for a minute

:wink

Comments

• nvisiblephotonvisiblephoto Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    Try this.. www.lensrentals.com
    Unique. Artistic. Unconventional.
    http://www.NVisiblePhoto.com
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2007
    OK - here's your opportunity
    Screw the rentals. You've got a D50. Too bad. Doesn't support the CLS worth a damn. Buy an SB800 and an SB600, and a couple of cheap stands and umbrellas. You're going to end up buying them someday anyway, so why waste your $$$ on rentals now.

Magic Lantern sells a book for $20 on Nikon's CLS which, once you buy an SB800, is in your hands.

Go for it. I know $650 sounds like a lot of money, but in the long run it's not. You're going to do it at some point anyway. Go ahead and do it now. That's why God invented credit cards.

I'm serious. Nuts, but serious.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.