Missing Raw Images

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited November 10, 2007 in Digital Darkroom
I've got a problem. I'm taking my pictures in Raw and Jpeg together. I have noticed that sometimes I will get the jpeg image when I download to the computer, but I am missing the RAW image.

Is this a card problem----camera problem---or am I the problem:D

I open my card in Bridge, but have them saved to a file on my desktop.

~~~Dogdots/Mary

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited November 8, 2007
    thread bump
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    thread bump

Is is someplace else? Or just taken out completely?
  • salazarsalazar Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    This may seem like a stupid question but what sort of camera is it and do you ever shoot in any of the "Auto" modes? My 40D won't record/save RAW files if I switch the camera to "Full Auto" When I switch back to the P, Tv, Av side it will (by design).
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
    edited November 9, 2007
    salazar wrote:
    This may seem like a stupid question but what sort of camera is it and do you ever shoot in any of the "Auto" modes? My 40D won't record/save RAW files if I switch the camera to "Full Auto" When I switch back to the P, Tv, Av side it will (by design).

Ahhhh......I have a Canon XTI, but what you just said makes a lot of sense. I was playing around with different settings on my camera that day. So maybe it won't do RAW with the Auto setting like yours---Do you have an XTI too? I very rarely shot in Auto, but I did that day just to see what it would do with a photo. I'm in M mode most of the time--unless my hubby picks up my camera and tries it out :D

I'm going to have to check it out tomorrow and see what happens. For a second there I thought something was wrong with my card, camera or
    me :D

Thanks for the info.

Dogdots/Mary
    edited November 10, 2007
    Dogdots wrote:
    Ahhhh......I have a Canon XTI, but what you just said makes a lot of sense. I was playing around with different settings on my camera that day. So maybe it won't do RAW with the Auto setting like yours---Do you have an XTI too? I very rarely shot in Auto, but I did that day just to see what it would do with a photo.

Dogdots/Mary

Mine's a Canon 40D. This happened to me once before I realised what was going on.

I had a look at the XTI manual; The XTI won't record RAW in "Basic Zone" modes. It's on page 61. Link The XTI shows shots remaining on the Camera Setting Display. If you have your camera set to RAW + Jpeg and switch it into and out of Auto to any of the manual modes you'll see the number change (by quite a bit) as you go.
    Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed. Thanks for your interest.
    edited November 10, 2007
    salazar wrote:
    Mine's a Canon 40D. This happened to me once before I realised what was going on.

I had a look at the XTI manual; The XTI won't record RAW in "Basic Zone" modes. It's on page 61. Link The XTI shows shots remaining on the Camera Setting Display. If you have your camera set to RAW + Jpeg and switch it into and out of Auto to any of the manual modes you'll see the number change (by quite a bit) as you go.

Its amazing what one will learn when they read the "Book" rolleyes1.gif Thanks for the link to the book---saved me from having to dig mine out. Also saved it to my favs. It will make reading and playing with the camera a lot easier then trying to hold the book/hold camera at the same time.

Mary
    edited November 10, 2007
    Dogdots wrote:
    Its amazing what one will learn when they read the "Book" rolleyes1.gif Thanks for the link to the book---saved me from having to dig mine out. Also saved it to my favs. It will make reading and playing with the camera a lot easier then trying to hold the book/hold camera at the same time.

Mary

I printed off one recently for my 40D for myself. It's big, so, unlike the manual that came with my camera, I can read it when I can't find my reading glasses! :D I do keep the little one in my camera bag though.thumb.gif
    edited November 10, 2007
    salazar wrote:
    I printed off one recently for my 40D for myself. It's big, so, unlike the manual that came with my camera, I can read it when I can't find my reading glasses! :D I do keep the little one in my camera bag though.thumb.gif

Yeah, I keep mine in my camera bag and it seems to want to stay there :D I'm going to have to print out one so its larger for my Ol' eyes to see it better rolleyes1.gif

Mary