3 Nieces and a Nephew

TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
edited November 9, 2007 in People
Hey y'all, this past Sunday I shot a few portraits of my nieces and nephew. It gave me the opportunity to play with off-camera flash. C&C welcomed. Thanks!

Caleb
218765723-M.jpg

Caleb 2
218766066-M.jpg

Skyler
218766133-M.jpg

Savannah
218767939-M.jpg

Meggie
218767500-M.jpg

Comments

• photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Gosh, I'm sorry you had such ugly subjects to work with!!!

LOVE the lighting! Very nicely done. These are just gorgeous shots!!! clap.gif Love the exposure, the color, everything!
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    How cute are they?! :D These are great shots...the lighting and setting is very nice. I especially like the one of Savannah. Well done!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    These are lovely :D well done! clap.gif Partial to Savannah myself, all cuties though!
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Thanks y'all. They are incredibly photogenic which makes the life of a photographer so much easier. I appreciate the comps!
  • k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    All are adorable, lighting/exposure is great! I especially like Savannah's picture, she is a really pretty girl...
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Very nice shots =)
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • jdfaithjdfaith Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Great shots and adorable kids. You mentioned the flash was off camera. Where'd you have it?

John
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    jdfaith wrote:
    Great shots and adorable kids. You mentioned the flash was off camera. Where'd you have it?

John

Thanks. I put the sun behind the kids at about 45 degrees. A Vivitar 285 + umbrella was set to camera right putting it opposite the sun. A silver bounce reflector was used camera left to soften the shadows. Using a Sekonic 385, I metered the ambient light and then the flash. I set it so that the background would be a stop underexposed. It really wasn't all that complicated and without a light meter, you could probably chimp using the histogram to get fairly close within a few tries. The whole shoot took 30 minutes from setup to breakdown.
  • Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I love these. They're beautiful!! The light looks perfect.
    C and C always welcome.