How to get the Canon 40D 28-135mm kit for $1259 - this week only

EvilGrinEvilGrin Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited November 8, 2007 in Cameras
I posted previously that I got this deal, but I've been asked about it, so this is how you can get it. Go to CircuitCity.com. Click on the 40D camera kit to order it. Choose the In Store Pickup option. Choose a store near you. On the next page click the "Yes" radio button when it asks "Would you like to use an eGift card, gift card or merchandise card, or apply a coupon?"

Insert the following coupon code:
KAAP6MRA6Z

Go pick up your camera! $1259 including lens. Cheaper than most sites are selling the body-only for. I put the included 28-135 kit lens lens on Craigslist for $350 amd it sold in less than 24 hours. Doing that, the 40D body is only $909. That's a pretty good price IMO!

Comments

• eichert12eichert12 Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    I bought an XTi about a year ago and have been pretty happy with it, but this deal has me thinking about moving up to the 40D. Once tax and everything is factored in this offer comes to $1335.59 for the 40D and 28-135mm lens. Does anyone have any thoughts on if moving from the 40D from an XTi is worth the additional money, and work that will go into selling my XTi and the 28-135 that comes with the kit? I'm not sure how much I would get for each, but it seems likely that the upgrade wouldn't cost me too much. I've never really liked the feel of the XTi or size, and I've heard very good things about the 40D.

What would you do? headscratch.gif

Thanks,
    Steve
  • eichert12eichert12 Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Hrm...or should I invest the money I would spend on the 40D in case the upgrade to the 5D comes soon?

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=75950

I'd probably have to sell my house for what the new 5D will cost though. :D I assume the upgrade will be around what the 5D used to sell for, which I believe was around $3000?

- Steve