Stone view.

Tom K.Tom K. Registered Users Posts: 817 Major grins
edited November 8, 2007 in Landscapes
1912648739_a20cff9df1_o.jpg
Visit My Web Site ~ http://www.tomkaszuba.com/

Comments

• arroyosharkarroyoshark Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Tom, That is a nice composition and great color. Everytime I look at it, tho, my eyes get riveted to the stone in the foreground. The values on the stone are so bright they effectively compete for a viewers attention and draw away from the rest.

Had you considered lowering the brightness of the upper third of the stone ?
    Available light is any damn light that's available -W. Eugene Smith
  • Tom K.Tom K. Registered Users Posts: 817 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Tom, That is a nice composition and great color. Every time I look at it, tho, my eyes get riveted to the stone in the foreground. The values on the stone are so bright they effectively compete for a viewers attention and draw away from the rest.

Had you considered lowering the brightness of the upper third of the stone ?

I appreciate your thoughtful suggestion. A terrific idea and I thank you for that.
    Visit My Web Site ~ http://www.tomkaszuba.com/
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    I agree with arroyo, but I think the stone capturing the attention is what the pic does best. Yes, it does do that quite strongly, but I like that such is what it wants to do, it wants the viewer to be nailed to the foreground in a way. The far part of the image is less in focus, and does not offer much for the eye to be hooked. But the stone and the sky, at two different ends of the photograph (top and bottom) truly make for the power of the image. The stone being the primary subject. I also like the grasses around that stone.

I like it very much in fact. Thanks!

N
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho