bike tunnel close to where i live

JaravissJaraviss Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
edited November 9, 2007 in Landscapes
this tunnel is very very close to where i live...so reshoots are definately in order.

we went out tonight and took a few shots...these are the three i came up with to work on.

i think this tunnel with the blown out lighting would be a good place for a "rock band" type of photo...

hehe

anyway...your thoughst on these images?

img5500bt9.jpg

i also really like the abstract feel of the corrugated metal and bolts.
img5521lr9.jpg

i think this is my favorite of the bunch....should've i cropped it so that the bolts dont run right into the corner of the pic?
i try to do the "rule of 3rds" and whatever (i'm new)....but am not sure about diagonal lines running to corners....is that a no-no?
or is it acceptable?

i know these aren't hard/fast rules and sometimes rules can be broken...but in general...what do you think about that.

anyway...this one is my fave!
img5524yv2.jpg

thanks!

-G

(ps go to the "whipping post" and gimme a few comments in there....please)
it seems when i post there..i get few comments.

maybe i just need to post better pics?
equipment:
canon rebel XTi
18-55mm lens
60mm macro lens
75-300mm telephoto lens
canon speelite 580 EXII

Comments

• CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I like the first one, it almost looks like wings... not sure if that was the intention or not.. and I also like how it's pretty blown out.. in this case, I feel this works. i would like to see the man a little sharper.

I really like the second photograph.. honestly don't worry about the rule of thirds.. if you feel your photo has captured what you want, and you're satisfied, who cares if it doesn't exactly match up with the rule of thirds.

The third photo is neat as well.

Hope to see more from ya!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • broby6broby6 Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I like the second and third pics for the strong patterns and tonal gradations. The first is just too blown out for me. Keep'em coming.

broby6
  • JaravissJaraviss Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I like the first one, it almost looks like wings... not sure if that was the intention or not.. and I also like how it's pretty blown out.. in this case, I feel this works. i would like to see the man a little sharper.

I really like the second photograph.. honestly don't worry about the rule of thirds.. if you feel your photo has captured what you want, and you're satisfied, who cares if it doesn't exactly match up with the rule of thirds.

The third photo is neat as well.

Hope to see more from ya!

you are like the 6th person to think they were wings..hehe
    its the end of the tunnel behind me...with the dark night beyond.

after so many wing comments, i'm totally gonna fashion some wings adn reshoot for that effect.. Laughing.gif

thnks for the comments, i really do appreciate it.
    and i LOVE photography now (still new)

-G
    equipment:
    canon rebel XTi
    18-55mm lens
    60mm macro lens
    75-300mm telephoto lens
    canon speelite 580 EXII