Options

Epson Roll Paper

IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
edited November 9, 2007 in Finishing School
Does anyone have some helpful technique for flattening Epson Premium Glossy roll paper after printing. Criminy that stuff is stiff! I've wasted too much time googling the subject, and figured I'd just come to the source of all knowledge photographic.
John :
Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.

Comments

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Icebear wrote:
    Does anyone have some helpful technique for flattening Epson Premium Glossy roll paper after printing. Criminy that stuff is stiff! I've wasted too much time googling the subject, and figured I'd just come to the source of all knowledge photographic.

I leave it out on a flat desk for about two days and let gravity take care of itself. It works for me at least.
  • Options
    BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Once dry I simply reverse roll it on a tube.

Use tissue paper if you want and treat it just like a poster.

Have you tried this? SEARCH:4" rel="nofollow">Flatten... Works with 24" Epson rolls. 4 or 5 hours rolled. I don't know of any other method to flatten a rolled image but it works so no other way is needed.
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Thanks!
    I don't care if you guys on the east side of the pond DO speak a foreign language :D even I could understand that. What a great idea. I'm going to fabricate one of those tonight. On second thought, I'll make a few of them! Usually what happens is that every available flat surface in my home is covered up with curly paper as I try to flatten prints after a printing session. This will keep SWMBO much happier!
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.