iPhoto 08 and Keywords - something crazy is going on!

scolainsolascolainsola Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited November 8, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I recently wiped my SmugMug account of all pictures, and am rebuilding my site. One of the reasons I am doing this is that I had a bunch of bogus keywords that made up 2/3 of my SmugMug account - such as "iphoto original," etc that iphoto created when I exported my pics into Aperture.

Anyway, I since moved back to iPhoto and removed all the crazy keywords and began re-uploading my albums. The new keywords I applied are there, but also the old ones that I removed in iPhoto (i.e. iphoto original). I see them on SmugMug, but don't see them in iphoto.

Could it be possible since I am re-uploading the same pictures that SmugMug could remember the old keywords and is applying them to my newly uploaded pics, or is it just a crazy bug in iPhoto? I know this seems pretty anal, I just want to utilize keywords more effectively in SmugMug and it is difficult when there are a bunch of keywords that are not needed.
:scratch

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    I recently wiped my SmugMug account of all pictures, and am rebuilding my site. One of the reasons I am doing this is that I had a bunch of bogus keywords that made up 2/3 of my SmugMug account - such as "iphoto original," etc that iphoto created when I exported my pics into Aperture.

Anyway, I since moved back to iPhoto and removed all the crazy keywords and began re-uploading my albums. The new keywords I applied are there, but also the old ones that I removed in iPhoto (i.e. iphoto original). I see them on SmugMug, but don't see them in iphoto.

Could it be possible since I am re-uploading the same pictures that SmugMug could remember the old keywords and is applying them to my newly uploaded pics, or is it just a crazy bug in iPhoto? I know this seems pretty anal, I just want to utilize keywords more effectively in SmugMug and it is difficult when there are a bunch of keywords that are not needed.
    headscratch.gif
    No, the old keywords are gone w/ your old photos. Might take a short time to flush the db, not sure.

Post a link to one photo for me that has both keywords, please?
  • scolainsolascolainsola Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    No, the old keywords are gone w/ your old photos. Might take a short time to flush the db, not sure.

Post a link to one photo for me that has both keywords, please?

Here is a link to a gallery full of pictures with the "iphoto original" keyword. Only one problem - you can't see the keywords if you are a guest! I never knew this until I logged off and viewed my gallery. Why is this? Could it be because I enabled "smug islands?"

No big deal, check it out for yourself:

http://SBL.smugmug.com/gallery/3792779

ne_nau.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Here is a link to a gallery full of pictures with the "iphoto original" keyword. Only one problem - you can't see the keywords if you are a guest! I never knew this until I logged off and viewed my gallery. Why is this? Could it be because I enabled "smug islands?"

No big deal, check it out for yourself:

http://SBL.smugmug.com/gallery/3792779

ne_nau.gif
    I see the keyword there on the original file - so that means it's coming from your end, from iPhoto - I have no idea how you got it there though, need an iphoto expert (I'm not - post question in Finishing School perhaps?).
    edited November 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I see the keyword there on the original file - so that means it's coming from your end, from iPhoto - I have no idea how you got it there though, need an iphoto expert (I'm not - post question in Finishing School perhaps?).

It is very odd considering that in iPhoto those keywords are nowhere to be found! I don't doubt it is an iPhoto issue or some kind of Mac issue that isn't translating over to SM for some reason.

Bizarre.

BTW - how do I enable keywords so guests can view them?
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    What uploader are you using?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited November 8, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    What uploader are you using?

SmugMug Mac Uploader
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    SmugMug Mac Uploader

Have you checked the prefs, or tried a different uploader?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited November 8, 2007
    Yeah - I checked the preferences and also uploaded a few pics using the universal web based uploader. Same result.
    DavidTO wrote:
    Have you checked the prefs, or tried a different uploader?