Multiple accounts need different e-mail addresses?

DotCom EditorDotCom Editor Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited November 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm in the process of setting up a second Smugmug account. But since logging in is based on one's e-mail address, I guess I need a different one for the second account? What a pain! Is there a workaround before I actually go ahead and set up the second account?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    No workaround, sorry.
    You can use a free email acct from Yahoo or Gmail or anywhere.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    I'm in the process of setting up a second Smugmug account. But since logging in is based on one's e-mail address, I guess I need a different one for the second account? What a pain! Is there a workaround before I actually go ahead and set up the second account?

Sign up for a gmail account and auto-forward that email to your main email account. I believe gmail lets you do that with the free account (Yahoo does not).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    I think a "Smugmaster" login would be an excellent idea. One login to handle multiple accounts. With the new design of the contract panel, it would seem very easy to implement design wise. One way is have another set of tabs which would be for the sites you have with the site you are working on highlighted to let you know your working on that site. It could also be implemented via a drop down menu.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • DotCom EditorDotCom Editor Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Mac Write wrote:
    I think a "Smugmaster" login would be an excellent idea. One login to handle multiple accounts.

It makes me think of my bank's Web site. There's one login, and once in, it displays and provides direct access to all of my accounts, savings, checking, loans, CDs, etc. Wouldn't that be a wonderful way to handle management of multiple Smugmug accounts. This is nothing more than "relationship management."

And further, with this structure, it would be great to have the option to assign a logon and password to each of my Smugmug accounts. That way, I could delegate posting of, say the proofs from a wedding gig, to one of my assistants, but I'd still have the set of master keys.