Bugling Elk

CapturedByGraceCapturedByGrace Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited November 9, 2007 in Landscapes

Comments

• CapturedByGraceCapturedByGrace Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Oops
    OOPS, I realized just after I posted this that it belongs in the wildlife thread! Sorry about that!
    Still getting the hang of this forum thing.
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Captured, this is one nice image. So compelling to see these beautiful creatures up close eh? Can you share more about how you sold the pic? Through what mechanism perhaps?

Was this an early morning shot? There is a "blueish" quality to it that gives it that mood and tints everything.

Thanks, I like the shot very much indeed.

N

Here's a shot from a trip to Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park in CO. This was the 1st time I'd ever been so close to Elk!
    And it was neat to hear them bugle.
    This is one of the 1st images I have sold.
    Any comments or criticism welcome.
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho
  • CapturedByGraceCapturedByGrace Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Nacho wrote:
    Captured, this is one nice image. So compelling to see these beautiful creatures up close eh? Can you share more about how you sold the pic? Through what mechanism perhaps?

Was this an early morning shot? There is a "blueish" quality to it that gives it that mood and tints everything.

Thanks, I like the shot very much indeed.

N

Thanks!
    Actually this was taken in the evening, but it was very overcast, almost about to rain. The bluish tint isnt as bad in my original, not sure why it's so bluish here.
    The sale was truly through pure dumb luck. I was at the processing lab picking up the images from my trip (I had some test shots run of my favorites) and this lady was standing there and saw my prints as I was examining them. She told me she loved them and asked me how much I would charge for them. I was like...."uhhhh" Laughing.gif. Had never sold any of my images before. I ended up selling 5 images to her! She ordered an 11x14 of the Elk shot.
  • bobwbobw Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Great shot. When were you there? I was there the last week of September. That looks like Morraine Park, probably taken close to the camp grounds.
    Here's a link to a few of the 2000 shots I kept.
    http://ktm-bmw.smugmug.com/gallery/3594573#204329049
    BobW
    Dallas,Tx
    Canon gear and Manfrotto tripods