New Galleries end up at "bottom" of Category page, unless using Picasa Uploader!?

darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
edited November 8, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Odd:

If I do Add Photos->New Gallery on the website, and select an existing Category that is set to be sorted by Position, the new gallery ends up at the bottom of that page.

However, if I use Richard's whizzy new [thread=71187]Picasa Uploader[/thread], it magically appears at the *top* of the Category page, which incidentally, is where I want it anyways, but why does this magic happen?

Does creating new galleries via the API give you the option to position them? Could this be exposed as some kind of user option for web-based gallery creation/uploads?

Yes yes, SmugMug already has way too many options. But I hate having to move galleries around because I can't have Galleries in Categories sorted differently (by most recent) than the Categories on the home page (by position).

Thoughts?

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 8, 2007
    Darryl,

yes, the api exposes position, and it defaults to position 1 if nothing is specified...
    • int "Position"
      • The album's position within it's Category/SubCategory, starting with 1 at the top
      • Default: 1
    Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos