Mating Damselflys

AussierooAussieroo Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
edited November 20, 2007 in Holy Macro
Having been out regularly over the last 2 months early in the morning I was finaly rewarded with this shot of a pair of Damsels mating.

215619518-L.jpg

And a couple of single Damsels on their own

214917986-L.jpg

201950497-L.jpg

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    and some lovely damsel flies :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Aussieroo wrote:
    Having been out regularly over the last 2 months early in the morning I was finaly rewarded with this shot of a pair of Damsels mating.

And a couple of single Damsels on their own

The Red Damsel is a beauty, kind of an orange/red, and check out the blue markings on the tail .... interesting colour scheme :D
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • AussierooAussieroo Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Thanks Brian & skippy. Comments from you two serve only to encourage me more to get more and better. All the macro I have in my gallery were all shot in one location at ourt local lake about 5 minutes walk from the front door. There are a lot of different coloured damsels and I am looking at collecting as many as I can but am trying to get clean backgrounds. The 100mm Canon Macro doesn't loose the background quite as good as the 180mm does so I have to be a little fussy with location.
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Beautiful images! :cool
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Agree with all that has been said about your lovely photos...

Patricia.......:D
    edited November 13, 2007
    Thanks again Patricia and Dalantech, appreciate your looking and enjoying the shots.
    edited November 18, 2007
    Rather than start a new thread here is a shot from yesterday. Taken yesterday at 3 mile dam in the snowy mountains about 2 hours drive from here. Got there in time for a cooked outdoor breakfast. Then grabbed the cameras and went shooting. Tried shooting this fella only to find myself covered in small ants. The tripod, the camera,both legs!! Really had to work for these shots. Hence I didn't get the close in shots I wanted but never the less happy with what I got.

222518853-L.jpg

He moved so I got another shot from the other side.

222518661-L.jpg
  • KanaKana Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited November 18, 2007
    the one on the bottom of the mating damselflies looks angry o.o I <3 the second photo though, the colors are great!~
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Ah yes the colors are brilliant on your damsel flies...great pics again.....poor you covered in ants...hope they werent like the ones we get here...they are disgusting...they wee on you and it itches like **** for days!!!!!!!!!!

Patricia.......:D
  • NoslocGNoslocG Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2007
    Beautiful capture of the single Damsel in the second photo. I really like the contrast of the blues and greens. Cheers!
    edited November 20, 2007
    NoslocG wrote:
    Beautiful capture of the single Damsel in the second photo. I really like the contrast of the blues and greens. Cheers!

Thanks you for looking and commenting. I am pleased you like the shots, this was one pretty damsel fly.