Questions for Horse Show Photographers

firststring74firststring74 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited November 10, 2007 in Sports
I have been taking pictures at my friends horse show series all summer. Through her shows I have made contacts and have been asked to photograph other show series in the local area. What "help" do you ask for from the show managers as far as marketing your business? I put out flyers, carry cards, the announcer states that there is a horse show photographer present etc. Do you ask the show managers for access to email addresses or mail addresses? What else can I do to increase sales? Currently I am a "one man show" and can't have anyone man a booth for me on a regular basis. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Christina

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Get your name put in\on any programmes or litrature that is put out about the show. If they have a web site, get a link to your web site put on there web site if they have one.

Maybe a canvas type banner along the edge of the arena if they allow that sort of thing.

How about a T Shirt\Jacket with either your company name or web site name on the back

Hope that helps

Tim
  • firststring74firststring74 Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Thanks Tim. I had not thought about the banner idea, I can make that happen fairly easily. One of the series that I photograph I am buying an ad in the program and they are going to list me on the daily schedules. I will have to work on the website link idea.

Shirts and Jackets are in the works this winter since that is my slow time.

Great ideas, does anyone else have any more?

Christina