Death Valley Curves

broby6broby6 Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
edited November 10, 2007 in Landscapes
This is a shot I took in Death Valley, and a crop with some color tweaks. What do you think? Are the tweaks overdone?

broby6

Original

219233055-M.jpg

tweaked version (Sorry - got the wrong file for the tweaked version.

219240323-M-0.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Broby,

Not at all! IMO don't be afraid to get much more aggressive with your PP. :D
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    nice indeed! much better then the untweaked one.
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Your PP is good - I do have a different crop suggestion for you - leave more of the left side of the image, and take some off the bottom. As well, I wonder if rotating about a degree clockwise would help.

Nice shot - Death Valley is really interesting.
    ann
  • broby6broby6 Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    schmoo, Arvan and Ann, thanks for the comments.

Ann, thanks, I'll try your cropping suggestions. I noticed a yellow spot beyond the second curve and with a large zoom it turned out to be a road sign. Assuming the post is straight up and down the photo actually has the vertical correct (rare for me!). The decided slope to the left is due to a series of overlapping alluvial fans - material eroded from the mountains.

I'll work on some more Death Valley shots and try to get them posted.

broby6
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited November 10, 2007
    broby6 wrote:
    This is a shot I took in Death Valley, and a crop with some color tweaks. What do you think? Are the tweaks overdone?

The tweaks are fine. You could probably push it a little further still. I would try to brighten it up a bit and I agree with Ann's cropping suggestion. Maybe even try a panoramic crop? ne_nau.gif

Nice shot.

Regards,