Thoughts on these, please?

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited November 10, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm so frustrated - I had about 3 photos from the wedding I did last weekend that I was SURE would be winners, but nope! They weren't!!

Anyway, I'd love your thoughts on these 4, please!
  1. Blue eye (would have to be reshot, title not in stone)219350560-L.jpg
  2. Fading power219350553-L.jpg
  3. Rust and relaxation219350544-L.jpg
  4. Intimate moment (should I PS out the tree? crop closer?)219350548-L.jpg
Thanks so much for helping me!

I should also mention that I'm not 100% with some of the titles....

Which photo should I enter? 19 votes

1. Blue eye
52% 10 votes
2. Fading power
0% 0 votes
3. Rust and relaxation
15% 3 votes
4. Intimate moment
15% 3 votes
Keep on shootin', Tex!
15% 3 votes

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I like 1&3, but #1 is the clear winner for me.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I like 1&3, but #1 is the clear winner for me.
    eek7.gif Damn! Now I'm going to have to consider a reshoot! Laughing.gif! rolleyes1.gif I took this the day before the contest started...

But she's a little ham and would gladly oblige me, I'm sure....

Thanks!
  • xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    They are all interesting. 1 and 4 or my favorites. The car is an interesting photo but... cliché. The country road is very well thought out, but I'm wondering if I don't detect a cheap lens? The 'dust/fog?' looks a lot like flare.

Blue eyes, on the other hand, wins hands-down for me. I'd use it for almost anything... CD, book, magazine. It would even make a good poster.

Nice work!
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • aktpicsaktpics Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I love 3 and 4, but 1 is my favorite. Also, I am not sure it is my discomfort with wide open spaces, but I like it better cropped tight. Nice shots.
    edited November 9, 2007
    xris wrote:
    They are all interesting. 1 and 4 or my favorites. The car is an interesting photo but... cliché. The country road is very well thought out, but I'm wondering if I don't detect a cheap lens? The 'dust/fog?' looks a lot like flare.

Blue eyes, on the other hand, wins hands-down for me. I'd use it for almost anything... CD, book, magazine. It would even make a good poster.

Nice work!

Thanks for the feedback! Definitely not a cheap lens, though... It's my new 24-70 f/2.9 L.... Laughing.gif! But I was taking it directly into the sun and just got a lot of flare from the direction. I just loved the light on the wires, but it didn't come out exactly as I... um... pictured it. (Pun not really intended. Laughing.gif!)

As for the car, I was actually a little going for cliche'. There are certain photos/styles/themes that I'll shoto for myself to see if I can do it as well or better (mostly worse!) than the known theme/style/etc.... But if it's not popping for most, that means I didn't do it better.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll have to see if I can reshoot it over the next two days.

I love 3 and 4, but 1 is my favorite. Also, I am not sure it is my discomfort with wide open spaces, but I like it better cropped tight. Nice shots.

It's funny - I was chatting with a friend that felt the same way about #1 - very uncomfortable about the amount of white. It was pretty intentional, though....

As a side note, the only reason I'm hesitant to enter shot #1 is that I got into the finals during SF#1 with a photo of the same daughter. Laughing.gif! Granted, she's quite photogenic, but my other daughter just may get a complex!

I'll be shooting more, though, so hopefully I can get something better than above!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! (And I'll always take more!)
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Hey Andi,
    I voted for #1 as well. As far as the white space, I would consider cropping where the white goes pure and cut out the top portion that fades back to blue.
    E
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I love #1.

LOVE it.
    edited November 9, 2007
    Thanks, Eoren and Indiegirl!!!

Next question is... Do any of these beat #1?!?
    1. 219442959-M.jpg
    2. 219442985-M.jpg
    3. 219443390-M.jpg
    4. 219443367-M.jpg
    Thanks! (No titles yet... Just processed these and was MUCH happier than I expected!)

:D
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Hm. I do like #3 of the new set. I guess it all comes down to the actual reshoot, doesn't it?

You're a good photographer, Andi. I wish I could assist you on your shoots! I bet I'd learn a lot.

Jesse
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Wanna trade reshoots? :D

Definitely go for # 1

jOE

eek7.gif Damn! Now I'm going to have to consider a reshoot! Laughing.gif! rolleyes1.gif I took this the day before the contest started...

But she's a little ham and would gladly oblige me, I'm sure....

Thanks!
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    I like the first one best.
  • aktpicsaktpics Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Thanks, Eoren and Indiegirl!!!

Next question is... Do any of these beat #1?!?

:D

I LOVE number 2 of your new set, but I am still partial to #1 of the first (sorry) :)
    edited November 10, 2007
    Well, looks like I'll attempt a reshoot. Not sure if it'll be today or tomorrow... But I think I'll enter #2 from the second set - that's probably my favorite....

Thanks for all the kind words, Jesse, Joe and Aktpics and the help, Greaper! I really appreciate it!

(I tweaked my back that's why I'm not sure I"ll be able to do it right away! YIKES!)