Reeve: Heavenly Baking!

fatheroftwofatheroftwo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited November 11, 2007 in Landscapes
Reeve the baker, located in Butcher Row, is without doubt the greatest baker in Salisbury, Wiltshire and possibly the world! If you are anywhere near Butcher Row in the morning you cannot fail to have your taste buds taken over by the heavenly scent of freshly baked bread coming from this bakers. Wonderful!

So the other day I took this image:

219376880-XL.jpg
Artists have a blank canvass and they create from what they see, whereas photographers take what they see and create something.

f2.smugmug.com

Comments

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I love the juxtaposition of the man scrafing down his newly acquired treats next to the prim and proper woman next to him with her treats neatly in her bag.

I'm on a really bad monitor right now, but everything looks really red to be, including the skin-tones. Was this done on pupose to make the building pop?
  • broby6broby6 Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    I'm no expert and my monitor isn't calibrated either, but I don't see any red in the white stones or the white lettering on the signs. The shot really grabs my attention though (and makes my mouth water).

broby6
  • fatheroftwofatheroftwo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    aktse wrote:
    I love the juxtaposition of the man scrafing down his newly acquired treats next to the prim and proper woman next to him with her treats neatly in her bag.

I'm on a really bad monitor right now, but everything looks really red to be, including the skin-tones. Was this done on pupose to make the building pop?

When the prim and proper woman came out of Reeves she was looking at the man in front of her stuffing his face. Her look was one of disgust and horror. Then she turned her face and body away from him, in a very pronounced manner, and its at this point that I pressed the shutter. The man behind the prim and proper woman is a friend of the man stuffing his face and afterwards he was talking to him, while looking in the womans direction. Quite a moment of subtle drama!

The red awning does have an effect upon the skin tones partly on the womans face. Other than this the skin tones don't appear too red. There is a lot of red in this image, which is due to the number of red things in the image, but saturation has hardly been touched. The image has been tone mapped in Photomatix Pro. What took a long time in post processing was removing all the bird droppings from the awnings and the chewing gum off the floor! mwink.gif
    Artists have a blank canvass and they create from what they see, whereas photographers take what they see and create something.

f2.smugmug.com
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    I like the red saturation in this picture.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    I'm hungry. :bluduh
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au