Palm Pilot?

KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
edited March 9, 2005 in People
Ha ha, this is my son peeking through one of our palms. He was a good ways away from me when I spotted him, so this one was zoomed in and cropped a good bit. It had a fair amount of noise so I opted for a softer look. Something about it keeps me going back to look at it. Does it do anything for anyone else? Kinda makes me think of "Lord of the Flies" only not quite so violent, lol.

Thanks in advance for any comments or critiques~
Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    Ha ha, this is my son peeking through one of our palms. He was a good ways away from me when I spotted him, so this one was zoomed in and cropped a good bit. It had a fair amount of noise so I opted for a softer look. Something about it keeps me going back to look at it. Does it do anything for anyone else? Kinda makes me think of "Lord of the Flies" only not quite so violent, lol.

thumb.gif this is *mint*
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    I like it very much!! I wish I did it!!

troy

• CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    What a great capture! clap.gif

~Heidi~
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....

• purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    Everything is wonderful. Although I wish the image were shaper, and that leaves were more in focus. But I am impressed--I love the composition. :)
    Purified Photography
    Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly
  • KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    Thanks for the nice comments!

Purified...I think that's what makes me unsure of whether I really and truly like it or not. I too wish that it were sharp and focused. Unfortunatly, having to pull it up as much as I did...there was no way. So instead of trying and getting a really speckled funky look...I opted for the softer. I thought about trying to pose him there, but I don't believe it would be the same.
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 7, 2005
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    a WOW shot clap.gif
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Hi Natalie!
    The compo on your shot is soooooper! :D
    I just couldn't help looking at it and saying 'WOW', it's that good!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited March 9, 2005

I like the contrast of the green with the olive skin tones and the mysterious qualities that derive from the face being partially hidden. Lovely image. The diagonal lines of the leaves create just enough dynamism to accent the image nicely.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin