Options

My latest wedding...

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited November 12, 2007 in Weddings
You know, I have to tell you - if it weren't for Shay's class, many of the photos would have been really bad! So thanks, Shay! (Especially the portraits... Boring as they are, I'm pleased (mostly) with the lighting!)

On another side note, I've actually decided not to do anymore weddings. I have one more scheduled, but I just get too stressed out and it just KILLS me the next day! I'll re-evaluate when my girls get older, but for now...

Anyway, the bride's parents are my oldest daughter Ellie's godparents... So my girls were lucky enough to be the flower girls. (Cutest flower girls ever, I might add.)

In this series, Ellie is doing her best to spread the petals everywhere... Then she realizes that she's making a mess and goes back to pick them up. Meanwhile, the ring bearer hears me trying to coax Ellie down the aisle and decides to high tail towards me.... And Sammie, my youngest tries to take up the flower throwing slack as the priest tries to explain to Ellie to throw the flowers.... (I don't think they are the greatest shots, but they kill me!)
219442643-S.jpg
219442678-S.jpg
219442691-S.jpg
219442718-S.jpg
(need to PS out the shoe in both of these...)
219442735-S.jpg

And a few others... (I'm not done ranking them let alone editing so they aren't perfectly processed yet...)

The ring bearer playing with his toys in the aisle
219442959-M.jpg

219443184-M.jpg

We had to restage the kiss since I was at the wrong location... I have to PS out a few things (shadow on the right, at the bottom), but I'm really loving it! HUGE thank to SHAY for the lighting in this one!!!
219443304-M.jpg

(Trying to channel Lynne - urbanaries... :rofl )
219443367-M.jpg

219443428-M.jpg

219443390-M.jpg

Anyway, I'll probably post a few more later when I've finished going through them. You're welcome to take a look at more here: http://www.tippiepics.com/gallery/3802287 - just remember that they're not fully processed - some are crooked! Whoops!!!)

Thanks for peeking!

Oh, and CC is always welcome!!! (Even if they aren't fully processed...)

Enough kissing for you?!? :D

Comments

• Options
    kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Awesome job Andi!!! clap.gif As you said, the lighting was great! I think they're ALL good but I am really partial to the ring-bearer playing with his toys, the b&w in the car and the one of the bride in the car that you have in the gallery. Gee your girls are so cute!!! Great, great job! clap.gif

On a side note, I doubt I could keep up with the editing level when my little ones were young. Or the work, mine were demanding rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    If you stop it will be a disservice to those getting married in your area. :D U are just too good!
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2007
    kp-pix wrote:
    Awesome job Andi!!! clap.gif As you said, the lighting was great! I think they're ALL good but I am really partial to the ring-bearer playing with his toys, the b&w in the car and the one of the bride in the car that you have in the gallery. Gee your girls are so cute!!! Great, great job! clap.gif

On a side note, I doubt I could keep up with the editing level when my little ones were young. Or the work, mine were demanding rolleyes1.gif

Thanks so much! On all of it... And if my girls weren't in preschool part time, there is NO way I could do photography!!

Thanks again!
    travis wrote:
    If you stop it will be a disservice to those getting married in your area. :D U are just too good!
    *blush* Thank you so much! :D
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    headscratch.gif I have to agree with Travis. Those last three shots are spectacular in my book. Raise your fee and keep it movin'. iloveyou.gif
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Really nice job Andi! Your little flower girls and the ring bearer definitely stole the show! I love the first shot of Ellie....she almost looks like she is dancing while throwing those petals. They did a wonderful job, though, because your close up shot of the petals down the aisle is really neat! The kissing in the car shots are really good, too. You definitely have the talent, but I can certainly relate to not dealing well with stress. It's one of the main reasons I won't do weddings. eek7.gif I actually hope you don't give up on them, because I enjoy looking at them!!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    ArchiTexasArchiTexas Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    evoryware wrote:
    headscratch.gif I have to agree with Travis. Those last three shots are spectacular in my book. Raise your fee and keep it movin'. iloveyou.gif

Yes, I admire those as well, and the rear-view mirror shot - those four stand out. The wide angle B&W car-interior shot though, wow, that is suberb.
    http://erfphotoart.com

Olympus E510 and Gigapan mount
  • Options
    christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    LOVE the interior car shot - FANTASTIC. I looked at it at said out loud "Wow"clap.gif

Keep it up!
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Stress
    Maybe shooting weddings is like having a baby. A number of young mothers I've spoken with right after delivery have said "this is the last one", but lo and behold, a couple years later, they're in the family way again.

The stress is certainly high, but gosh you produce beautiful babies (yeah, that was a double entendre).

The last wedding I shot was 30 years ago, with film obviously. Talk about stress.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    lichetanolichetano Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 10, 2007
    These are fantastic. I especially love the very last one. I'm always a sucker for black and white, and that one is technically superb. clap.gif
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 10, 2007
    evoryware wrote:

I too agree-

raise your fee and make that day after worthwhile-

these are great!-
  • Options
    shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    These are great! When do you start teaching classes?
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    These are great. I wanted to pick out a few and comment on what I liked about them, but I liked them all so much I couldn't make up my mind.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    Andi,

I don't know if the flower girls are the cutest ever, but I do know that some the antics you've captured here are absolutely priceless. Nice!

Then, the one of the ring bearer playing in the isle - great shot!

I'm with you on the lighting of the kiss shot - simply wonderful!

The last one is great!

Looking in the gallery -

#28 - the girl looking over someone's shoulder really caught my attention. I just love the way you so well captured her expression!

It's too bad you're pulling yourself out of the market for a while - you have such a wonderful eye for this sort of thing.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    evoryware wrote:
    Thank you so much! I"m actually going to set fees for weddings just in case I get begged. And there's a possiblity that I'll do them again in the future. But with two little girls and so little time left with them at home, I'm going to do portrait shoots that take far less time, effort and are far less stressful! But thanks so much!
    saurora wrote:
    Really nice job Andi! Your little flower girls and the ring bearer definitely stole the show! I love the first shot of Ellie....she almost looks like she is dancing while throwing those petals. They did a wonderful job, though, because your close up shot of the petals down the aisle is really neat! The kissing in the car shots are really good, too. You definitely have the talent, but I can certainly relate to not dealing well with stress. It's one of the main reasons I won't do weddings. eek7.gif I actually hope you don't give up on them, because I enjoy looking at them!!! thumb.gif
    Yup, they are definitely stressful! Laughing.gif! But I did have a good time doing this one - I tried to look at it differently and it worked well. But I was wrecked!

Thanks so much for the high compliment about liking to look at them - and all the kind words about the photos and my girls!
    ArchiTexas wrote:
    Yes, I admire those as well, and the rear-view mirror shot - those four stand out. The wide angle B&W car-interior shot though, wow, that is suberb.
    Thank you so much! For that shot, I sort of envisioned it before, but the B&W conversion worked out better than I expected! It was definitely a nice surprise.

Thanks again!
    christulk wrote:
    LOVE the interior car shot - FANTASTIC. I looked at it at said out loud "Wow"clap.gif

Keep it up!

Thank you! I really appreciate it!
    icebear wrote:
    Maybe shooting weddings is like having a baby. A number of young mothers I've spoken with right after delivery have said "this is the last one", but lo and behold, a couple years later, they're in the family way again.

The stress is certainly high, but gosh you produce beautiful babies (yeah, that was a double entendre).

The last wedding I shot was 30 years ago, with film obviously. Talk about stress.
    Heh! Thanks so much - about both my babies! Laughing.gif! I know the having babies part is definitely over, but we'll see about weddings in a few years...

I can't even imagine doing a wedding with film. I'd probably be carted off! eek7.gif

Thank you!
    lichetano wrote:
    These are fantastic. I especially love the very last one. I'm always a sucker for black and white, and that one is technically superb. clap.gif

That's one of my favorites, too! Thank you!
    gefillmore wrote:
    I too agree-

raise your fee and make that day after worthwhile-

these are great!-
    Thank you, George! Maybe one day.... :D
    shatch wrote:
    These are great! When do you start teaching classes?
    Heh! No way I could teach like Shay! Laughing.gif! But thanks for the compliments!!
    DavidS wrote:
    These are great. I wanted to pick out a few and comment on what I liked about them, but I liked them all so much I couldn't make up my mind.
    Thank you! What a nice thing to say!
    Andi,

I don't know if the flower girls are the cutest ever, but I do know that some the antics you've captured here are absolutely priceless. Nice!

Then, the one of the ring bearer playing in the isle - great shot!

I'm with you on the lighting of the kiss shot - simply wonderful!

The last one is great!

Looking in the gallery -

#28 - the girl looking over someone's shoulder really caught my attention. I just love the way you so well captured her expression!

It's too bad you're pulling yourself out of the market for a while - you have such a wonderful eye for this sort of thing.
    Thank you, Scott! I'm so glad you felt the same way about the lighting on the kiss.... I would never have been able to do that without class...

High praise indeed from you about not stopping. Thank you very much! (But I still am for a while...)

Thanks again, everyone! It's so nice ot hear that I hit it for this wedding after my last one being so tough...
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    wow the car shots are really cool! especially the last shot is very daring for a wedding! thumb.gif the kid with the toys is very nice!
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    wow the car shots are really cool! especially the last shot is very daring for a wedding! thumb.gif the kid with the toys is very nice!

Thank you so much! And the ring bearer with the toy was such a lucky fluke. Laughing.gif! Thanks!
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    Thank you so much! And the ring bearer with the toy was such a lucky fluke. Laughing.gif! Thanks!
    In my vast experience of, literally, 10's of hours shooting weddings mwink.gif I've found that these fluke shots turn out to be some the best.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    In my vast experience of, literally, 10's of hours shooting weddings mwink.gif I've found that these fluke shots turn out to be some the best.
    rolleyes1.gif Yes they do! :D
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    rolleyes1.gif Yes they do! :D

I agree as well.

These are very nice. The aisle shots look a bit flashy....especially 1 and 2 with the flash reflecting off the pews. I really like the unplanned ring bearer /toy shot. The rest are beautiful, and the last 3 phenominal. Were you using a 10-22mm inside the car. The ultra wide angle really makes it a very dynamic looking photo, and of course the exposure is rock solid.

Great set......can't wait to see your next ones!!clap.gif

BTW- I admire your photography and gave you much credit here......

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=75403
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I agree as well.

These are very nice. The aisle shots look a bit flashy....especially 1 and 2 with the flash reflecting off the pews. I really like the unplanned ring bearer /toy shot. The rest are beautiful, and the last 3 phenominal. Were you using a 10-22mm inside the car. The ultra wide angle really makes it a very dynamic looking photo, and of course the exposure is rock solid.

Great set......can't wait to see your next ones!!clap.gif

BTW- I admire your photography and gave you much credit here......

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=75403

I completely agree about those shots looking flashy. I also haven't really done full editing -that was quick. But it was pretty dark in there and I had a lot of backlight behind them so I was just glad to get them close to the right exposure. (I hate using flash! Laughing.gif!) I'm hoping that I can take them from snapshots to better photos when I do edit....

But thanks about the last three! I was using my Sigma 12-24mm. LOVE that lens. I am usually pretty sloppy about exposure so when I had it dead on for that shot, I was pretty thrilled. And I actually sort of planned it out in my head before the wedding . Usually it doesn't work out for me, but that one did... (The same with the rear view mirror one, too.)

Thanks again! And I really appreciate the feedback on them, too!
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Andi! I've been running around like a beheaded chicken this past week and almost missed these! I am SOOOOO impressed! WOW! The antics of the flower children/ring bearer are hilarious, very PJ, and you captured the [SIZE=-1]spontaneity and hilarity of the moments very well.

I am just IN LOVE with the rear view mirror kiss shot. I love the processing, the exposure, the angle, everything!

The wide angle car shot with the driver, is very "Ben", very WPJA, probably my favorite wedding shot of yours ever! Holy Macaroni, I am in AWE....bowdown.gif
    [/SIZE]
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    that final picture, of them kissing in the back seat is phenomenal! clap.gif
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Andi, these are stunning!!!

The ringbearer, the wide-angle of the church, the rear-view mirror and the B&W kiss in the car are extremely special. So very well done! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I've only helped shoot one wedding, but I can relate to the exhaustion. Future B&Gs will be missing out on your amazing skills. Everyone in CB and beyond should be taking advantage of your portrait sessions!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography