Options

Which one do you like?

DanspageDanspage Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
edited November 13, 2007 in Technique
Back from a recent trip to Arches Nat Park.

217497885-XL.jpg219666326-XL.jpg
" Critical Balance 180' Off "
This Abstract may be one of my best photos from my trip to Arches Nat Park in Utah . But as you can see I can't decide how to work it.

Which do you like?
Daniel
http://danspage.smugmug.com/
Scratch Nikon I switched to
Canon 5d mark II

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited November 10, 2007
    I like the color and the texture of the rock in #1 much better, but feel the sky is too dark where it almost goes to black.

I would back off on the intense saturation in the sky just a bit in #1. I like the sky in #1, better than the even, bland blue sky in #2, but feel it is a bit overdone in #1.

Good shot. Very nice image.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    I like the graduated color in the sky in number 1 and how it almost reflects the change in dark to light shading in the rock formation, but I too think it's a just a tad too dark up top. :):
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    DBSmithDBSmith Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 11, 2007
    I like the color of the rock in picture number 1, however I fell that the sky is getting so dark at the top of the photo that I should see a few stars startign to come out. Number 2's brightness is a bit overpowering for me. Nice shot!
  • Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    pathfinder wrote:
    I like the color and the texture of the rock in #1 much better, but feel the sky is too dark where it almost goes to black.

I would back off on the intense saturation in the sky just a bit in #1. I like the sky in #1, better than the even, bland blue sky in #2, but feel it is a bit overdone in #1. Good shot. Very nice image.

15524779-Ti.gifthumb
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    DanspageDanspage Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Thanks

I think the blue is a bet much how about this
    219760755-L-0.jpg
    Daniel
    http://danspage.smugmug.com/
    Scratch Nikon I switched to
    Canon 5d mark II