Photoils?

LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited November 10, 2007 in Landscapes
Working on a concept that of course is not new, but each photo that I convert will be unique, since they are my photos, it's my art. Combination Photos, and Oil painting.

The idea is combining elements that appear like oil painting with natural photographic elements. I think it could have the effect of making my landscape art come to life for some people. Adding artistic elements can be a positive thing. So far, the way my gallery is displayed, you have to view them fairly large to see the effect. Any comments?

I can see that you may actually have to do a small version for web display, and a larger version for print, but for not, you get the idea, and if you really wish to see the full original size effect: So far, there are only 3 conversions. It takes a special photo to be suitable, not all of my work is suitable for this effect, IMO.

I think the effect came out a lot heavier on the last one, so it's a better example of what I plan my end prints to look like...

http://fotogafer.smugmug.com/gallery/3802351#219726020

219726020-L.jpg

219753008-L.jpg

219669347-L.jpg

Comments

• IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    #1 is way cool
    You're right. 'till I looked at the really big sizes in your gallery, I had no idea what you were going for.

The others don't do it for me, but #1 is riveting.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Icebear wrote:
    You're right. 'till I looked at the really big sizes in your gallery, I had no idea what you were going for.

The others don't do it for me, but #1 is riveting.

Thanks a lot on #1. In fairness, this was a great shot to me before the transition to photoil. It could go either way.

Disappointed to hear 2 and 3 didn't do it, but, admittedly, these were not top line photos going in. Although I do like the water flow of them myself. but that's photography, and art. what one person likes, the next person may not like. So, the trick is, I do enough of these if they work out, that there's something for many people. I won't shoot for everyone. There's no way to please everyone!

thanks again,
    Doug