Options

Wedding- down home style!!!

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited November 13, 2007 in Weddings
This took place this afternoon on the front porch of a house trailer. It was an incredible atmosphere. The bride and groom were two of the most emotional newlyweds I have had yet. I was happy to have been a part of it!!!

There wasn't much room.....everyone present stood for the wedding.....maybe 15 or so people. The only spot left for me was shoulder to shoulder with the JOP.

Scott Quier- you asked if I enjoyed the last one, and I was a bit wishy washy......-YES!!!- I enjoyed the heck out of this one!!!!!

I know the skin tones are out of whack in a couple......the light was all over the place. One minute it was threatening rain....the next bright sun......anyways C&C is always welcomed.

Enjoy!

219852891-L.jpg

219855745-M.jpg

219854116-M.jpg

219855529-M.jpg

219854109-M.jpg

219854173-M.jpg

219854906-M.jpg

219855750-M.jpg

219853026-L.jpg

219853100-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Wow, they sure look very emotional, just like you said. Looks like they were crying a lot!!!! You did capture their emotions very well, i wish they would smile more, but i'll take it their happiness was in tears (happy tears). Nice job!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited November 10, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Wow, they sure look very emotional, just like you said. Looks like they were crying a lot!!!! You did capture their emotions very well, i wish they would smile more, but i'll take it their happiness was in tears (happy tears). Nice job!

Thanks for commenting.

They were sooooo sweet to one another, you would not believe. It was definately ALL in happiness for sure. It was an intimate wedding in the truest sense. A photographer friend who lives across town told me about them last week. I volunteered to help shoot it because it just sounded FUN!!! Anyway there was a mix up on the time, and she called me this afternoon to tell me that it was an hour earlier than she thought, and that there was no way she would be on time. I had just stopped home to empty memory cards from a morning appointment and rushed to the wedding. I actually got there early and was able to get some of the bride before the ceremony. I feel blessed to have been a part of their wedding. Truely!!
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    Ahhhh how sweet...now there is a wedding I would like to do.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    #5 - Her emotion - that's what it's all about - capturing the emotion for later years. Well done!

#9 - Interesting photo - you managed well to get the rings and the brides emotion in the shot. Just curious - what's with all the rings? It looks like an engagement ring on her middle finger and a wedding ring on her index finger.
    Scott Quier- you asked if I enjoyed the last one, and I was a bit wishy washy......-YES!!!- I enjoyed the heck out of this one!!!!!
    And, that's why I do it - I always find something about the wedding and/or the reception that just knocks my socks off. Looks like you had a wonderful time at this one! It's great when that happens.
  • Options
    1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    I love #9 -- the bride may be out of focus, but her expression couldn't be clearer :D !!

You could -- if you wanted -- crop the back of the groom's head off (sounds horrible, doesn't it :D) without losing any of the photo's value, imho...
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 11, 2007
    hope your camera didn't get wet!-

neat wedding and neat shots!-
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    real romance! clap.giflustclap.gif

nice shots, love #8
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    Ahhhh how sweet...now there is a wedding I would like to do.

thumb.gif It was A LOT of fun.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    5 - Her emotion - that's what it's all about - capturing the emotion for later years. Well done!
    Thanks, the pair of 5 &6 are two of my favorites.
    #9 - Interesting photo - you managed well to get the rings and the brides emotion in the shot. Just curious - what's with all the rings? It looks like an engagement ring on her middle finger and a wedding ring on her index finger.
    Well we have all seen that shot done over and over. They wanted a photo of the rings, so I did a couple with her hand over his where both rings show.....of course you cannot see anyones face in those shots, so this one takes the cake even though the groom's ring/hand is amiss. As for all the rings.....I dunno.....maybe she was a widower....maybe her mother's engagement ring...maybe........

I think that is also part of what makes it interesting.....other than her expression.
    And, that's why I do it - I always find something about the wedding and/or the reception that just knocks my socks off. Looks like you had a wonderful time at this one! It's great when that happens
    I have as well so far....in all 3....but this one especially.

Thanks a ton for commenting.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    1pocket wrote:
    I love #9 -- the bride may be out of focus, but her expression couldn't be clearer :D !!

You could -- if you wanted -- crop the back of the groom's head off (sounds horrible, doesn't it :D) without losing any of the photo's value, imho...

I agree, the lattice cropped would make it a stronger photograph. Good call.
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    hope your camera didn't get wet!-

neat wedding and neat shots!-

Well, my camera had definately gotten caught in the rain at a park earlier. I had a morning appt with two mothers and their daughters....two of whom were 2 years old.....and it sprikled on us a bit. The rain was the least of the disaster....although I do have a few really decent photos for them. I ALWAYS carry a large plastic bag in my camera bag that will hold the entire camera bag. I also usually bring a face towel if I am working outdoors.

It was definately a neat wedding, but I am sorry to say....the cowboy boots did not happen, however the denim dress was worn. I know you had your hopes up- as did I - but she instead wore a white shoe.

220091248-S.jpg

220091456-S.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    real romance! clap.giflustclap.gif

nice shots, love #8

They seemed eternally gratefull for AND in love with one another.

Thanks for commenting.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    How touching! What a wonderful wedding. You have some fun shots... I especially love the last two in the first post and the two in your other post... Very nice! (And fun weddings are so awesome!)

Congrats to the obviously happy couple!
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2007
    How touching! What a wonderful wedding. You have some fun shots... I especially love the last two in the first post and the two in your other post... Very nice! (And fun weddings are so awesome!)

Congrats to the obviously happy couple!

Thanks for taking a look and commenting, as I really admire your work. Did I mention the food?.......there was a 16qt black iron pot FULL of very good home cooked pork and sausage jambalaya, smokey white beans, and a family recipe for the punch.....oh and cake!! Doesn't get any better than that.

At first I looked for clean backgrounds to choose my angles, but there weren't anyheadscratch.gif ........so.....when in Rome as they say. I just paid all attention to capturing the romans so to speak.

Thanks again for commenting.
  • Options
    photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Thanks for taking a look and commenting, as I really admire your work. Did I mention the food?.......there was a 16qt black iron pot FULL of very good home cooked pork and sausage jambalaya, smokey white beans, and a family recipe for the punch.....oh and cake!! Doesn't get any better than that.

At first I looked for clean backgrounds to choose my angles, but there weren't anyheadscratch.gif ........so.....when in Rome as they say. I just paid all attention to capturing the romans so to speak.

Thanks again for commenting.

You know, that's what you have to just do - realize that it is what it is and you can't do magic to change it. You captured a beautiful time in their lives and actually got their emotions - that's the most important part, IMHO.

Oh, and thank you for the kind words! :D
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2007
    You know, that's what you have to just do - realize that it is what it is and you can't do magic to change it. You captured a beautiful time in their lives and actually got their emotions - that's the most important part, IMHO.

Oh, and thank you for the kind words! :D

You are welcome.
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Nice set. You captured some wonderful emotion.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Jeff, this was a challenge but I think you did a great job of pulling out the maximum beauty and emotion in what seems to be a challenging and unconventional setting. thumb.gif I've been slacking off on detailed critique lately so here goes, I have a few minutes! :)

1. I love how you positioned yourself on this one so they're looking away. I find this works really well, gives the shots some variety. Good use of DOF. His eyes are deep set and could use a bit more light. Skin tones look great!

2. In the 12 weddings I've shot, I've never captured such great emotion! I think I'd like to see this one in BW, there's a lot going on and I think it may detract from the focus of the image, which (IMHO) is her face. WOW! iloveyou.gif

3. BEAUTIFUL. so sweet. I like the denim blue contrasted with the leaves on the deck. Very "fall." :)

4. Nice, her skin looks a little red
    5. If that isn't love, I don't know what IS!? clap.gif

6. Shots of people speaking are hard...her eyes are closed which halts the connection. I think this one is fine but pales to #5.

7. I wonder if a crop of just him would work, his expression is so tender, he's trying so hard not to lose it! Just awesome emotion, wow!

8. Great shot! Nice exposure. I bet you hated that big white bell decoration behind them rolleyes1.gif

9. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Wow. A little dark, but this is my fave. Her glance is so heartwarming.

10. Love it!!! Great expressions.

Again, a super set, you're definitely getting your feet wet....how's the water?? Laughing.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    DavidS wrote:
    Nice set. You captured some wonderful emotion.

Thanks David
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    4. Nice, her skin looks a little red
    It was a trade off. I was using a gel, and fill, but her face still fell in shadow rather than sun or flash........so....
    7. I wonder if a crop of just him would work, his expression is so tender, he's trying so hard not to lose it! Just awesome emotion, wow!
    I did catch a good close in shot when he finally lost it-
    I did'nt "see" it, but you are right on about the crop

8. Great shot! Nice exposure. I bet you hated that big white bell decoration behind them rolleyes1.gif

It blew in some of the shots. I used the flash at an angle with a bounce card, and it was strong on the bell.........but take out the bell and it is just a couple kissing....I think it gives context.
    9. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Wow. A little dark, but this is my fave. Her glance is so heartwarming.

My fav as well
    Again, a super set, you're definitely getting your feet wet....how's the water?? Laughing.gif

Water is fine!!

Thanks a mil for the detailed response. I know you have been a busy girl!
    I promise to critique your post, tommorrow, I have about 300 wallets to slice tonight!!!

Thanks again, and take care!!