Options

Framing pics - Anti Glare, Anti Reflective glass...how much $$ ??

net1994net1994 Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited November 13, 2007 in Finishing School
Got about 20 pics I need to frame. Up until now, I have been using regular glass. I'd like to try anti glare or anti-reflective glass and see what the big deal is aqll about.

Anyone ever use it? How much would it run for 8x10" pane of anti-glare or anti-reflective glass? Is the difference 'WOW' level, or negligible.

Can I get it at home depot (cut to order?) or only at dedicated fraqme shops?

Thanks
Candy For Your Eyes @ Paint By Pixels

http://www.paintbypixels.com

Comments

• Options
    entropysedgeentropysedge Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    I order the non-glare plexiglass from americanframe.com; here is the plexiglass page. http://www.americanframe.com/catalog/plexiglass.html . I do like how images look under the non-glare :D
  • Options
    CAFieldsCAFields Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    net1994 wrote:

Thanks
    You might try calling your local glass company (for home and businesses). I looked into non-glare a while ago and found that they would gladly cut whatever sizes I needed. I don't remember the price but I think it wasn't too bad. I ended up buying frames with the glass already installed so I didn't follow though with the non-glare.
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Don't know about the glass. I do know home depot doesn't cut plastics though.
    Just though you'd like to know.
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    net1994 wrote:
    Got about 20 pics I need to frame. Up until now, I have been using regular glass. I'd like to try anti glare or anti-reflective glass and see what the big deal is aqll about.

Anyone ever use it? How much would it run for 8x10" pane of anti-glare or anti-reflective glass? Is the difference 'WOW' level, or negligible.

Thanks
    If its the WOW you are goin for try "museum glass". Yes it cost more but there is nothing quite like itdeal.gif