Please help me choose…

PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
edited November 12, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Which of these photos may be better for SF3. I’ve tormented my family all day asking their opinions. My wife asked which photo I like best and I said that asking that is like asking me which of our kids I like best…I like them both. So, any help that you could offer at this late date would be much appreciated.

1) A Brumous Beginning
218652929-M.jpg

2) Going down in a Blaze of Glory
219947161-M.jpg

3) The incredible sweetness of light
218909626-M.jpg

Please Help Me Choose... 12 votes

A Brumous Beginning
25% 3 votes
Going down in a Blaze of Glory
16% 2 votes
The incredible sweetness of light
58% 7 votes

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    3 is my favorite by far.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    Man! I feel for your family. Two of my girls were by me when I pulled this up. One of them said, "Wow, Pretty!". So I asked her which was her favorite. She loved them all for different reasons. Sooooooo, from our house to yours, they are all winners. Tough choice!! Good luck!
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    Paul, I too, do not know which of your kids I like best!

BUT, as for these images, I like #1, your current entry, the best. This image brings up a feeling of mysteriousness to me that the others just don't. I like the sillouetted tree and the sun coming through the clouds and fog.

#2 is a great effort at capturing cloud effects, but in the end just clouds and rays of light. #3 is a great effort of catching a perfect reflection in the water, but the color doesn't pop, the building on the horizon is distracting. Everything but the water just doesn't seem pretty enough to carry the rest of the image..
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    3 is my favorite by far.

Thanks - I like your decisiveness!
    edited November 11, 2007
    shatch wrote:
    Man! I feel for your family. Two of my girls were by me when I pulled this up. One of them said, "Wow, Pretty!". So I asked her which was her favorite. She loved them all for different reasons. Sooooooo, from our house to yours, they are all winners. Tough choice!! Good luck!

Thanks for the response...I really like you're entry. You come up with great ideas! The title is very clever too.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    #3, but it looks crooked to me.

Stunning!!!
    edited November 11, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    Paul, I too, do not know which of your kids I like best!

BUT, as for these images, I like #1, your current entry, the best. This image brings up a feeling of mysteriousness to me that the others just don't. I like the sillouetted tree and the sun coming through the clouds and fog.

#2 is a great effort at capturing cloud effects, but in the end just clouds and rays of light. #3 is a great effort of catching a perfect reflection in the water, but the color doesn't pop, the building on the horizon is distracting. Everything but the water just doesn't seem pretty enough to carry the rest of the image..

I share some of your concerns about #3 especially the building. I was'nt going for a lot of 'pop'...more subdued like a dutch painting or something. Not sure it really pulls it off.

Thanks for not pulling out your chainsaw...:D
  • kenlynekenlyne Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    All three are fantastic but if I had to absolutely choose, it would probably be #3 as well--there's just something unexplainable about it that draws me.
    Very nice work!!!
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    #3 is haunting. In a good way.
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2007
    I like the first one best that you already have entered.

I love the atmosphere of it. Lots of other reasons I could go into but it's late.

Good luck.
  • kenlynekenlyne Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    I share some of your concerns about #3 especially the building. I was'nt going for a lot of 'pop'...more subdued like a dutch painting or something. Not sure it really pulls it off.

Thanks for not pulling out your chainsaw...:D

I definitely think you pulled off the painting effect, I had thought it looked like a painting even before reading your comment!! Glad to see you entered this one--a wonderful capture!!