Looking for some feedback

GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
edited November 27, 2007 in People
I am trying to pick which of these two is the better/more interesting shot. Can you tell me which one grabs your interest more (if any). Other comments welcome. I can't go and reshoot the shot, but perhaps some PS treatment could help the shots? Are they adjusted too bright? I hav been getting quite dark prints because my imac screen is too bright and saturated. So I have deliberately adjusted these a touch brighter than looks good on my screen. Thanks.

220433105-XL.jpg

220433139-XL.jpg

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Hey Mike, i think i like the 1st one better, can't tell you why, but just do. Girl is in a very good focus, very sharp.
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Thanks for the comment Marina. Much appreciated.
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007

Other than her jacket and the rocks, it's not popping out at me.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    More tension in #2, and I don't like the fact that in #1 there's just no face at all, but no mystery about what she might be looking at.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • devanmariedevanmarie Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 14, 2007
    This is my first post, so bear with me if I mess something up! I have another vote for #1. It has much more visual interest than the second.
    edited November 14, 2007
    evoryware wrote:

Other than her jacket and the rocks, it's not popping out at me.

Thanks for the comment. Appreciated.
    edited November 14, 2007
    Icebear wrote:
    More tension in #2, and I don't like the fact that in #1 there's just no face at all, but no mystery about what she might be looking at.

OK, a vote for 2! Thanks.
    edited November 14, 2007
    devanmarie wrote:
    This is my first post, so bear with me if I mess something up! I have another vote for #1. It has much more visual interest than the second.

Thanks for the comment.
  • mrpillesmrpilles Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Looking at...?
    The second one is attention grabbing because you want to see what she is looking at, or looking for.
    220433105-XL.jpg

220433139-XL.jpg[/quote]
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Hey Mike, my vote is for #1 because it seems cleaner overall. Sure there might not be a lot of mystery about what she is looking at, but the mystery is there by not being able to see her face. She's also sharp and located nicely on the rock, and her pose is nice and straight and symmetrical. The second bugs me a little because she's got something at her feet and I can't figure out what it is and it obviously isn't necessary in telling the story.

In #1 I might even consider cropping out the shadow in the lower right and turning it into a sort of panorama. But regardless I think it's a really nice portrait of a young lady. thumb.gif
    edited November 27, 2007
    Thanks Schmoo. Comments appreciated. I might get back and have a fiddle with it. Cheers.