Options

Slot Cars

fatheroftwofatheroftwo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited November 13, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Lewis Hamilton - MP4-22 McLaren Mercedes F1 2007

Scalextric 1/32 scale slot car model of Lewis Hamilton's MP4-22 McLaren Mercedes F1 2007. This is the vehicle which helped Lewis Hamilton come a sensational second in his rookie year as an F1 driver. This is a wonderfully detailed model and no doubt one that will be very sought after in years to come. Already it is getting very hard to find in the shops and this year every little boy, and no doubt many girls too, will be wanting this Scalextric car racing on their track - parents take note!

220562181-L.jpg

Mosler MT900R (NSR Slot Car)

Mosler MT900R 1/32 scale slot car model, in Gulf colours, has been produced by the Italian slot car manufacturer NSR. These vehicles, produced in limited quantities are really exceptional. They are made from the highest quality NSR parts, being designed by three times world slot car champion 'Salvatore Noviello' applying all his knowledge and experience. The performance of this slot car on the track is stunning and they are so quiet.

220505196-L.jpg
Artists have a blank canvass and they create from what they see, whereas photographers take what they see and create something.

f2.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Lewis Hamilton - MP4-22 McLaren Mercedes F1 2007

Scalextric 1/32 scale slot car model of Lewis Hamilton's MP4-22 McLaren Mercedes F1 2007. This is the vehicle which helped Lewis Hamilton come a sensational second in his rookie year as an F1 driver. This is a wonderfully detailed model and no doubt one that will be very sought after in years to come. Already it is getting very hard to find in the shops and this year every little boy, and no doubt many girls too, will be wanting this Scalextric car racing on their track - parents take note!

Mosler MT900R (NSR Slot Car)

Mosler MT900R 1/32 scale slot car model, in Gulf colours, has been produced by the Italian slot car manufacturer NSR. These vehicles, produced in limited quantities are really exceptional. They are made from the highest quality NSR parts, being designed by three times world slot car champion 'Salvatore Noviello' applying all his knowledge and experience. The performance of this slot car on the track is stunning and they are so quiet.

Hi F2, I really like both these shots.
    Number one looks more realistic because it is not on a display frame.
    The details in these models are amazing. clap.gif

Geez I remember when we were kids my cousin had a race car set,
    that he used to let us play with him, racing around the figure 8 track.

Hours of fun was had for years with his Racing Set.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    fatheroftwofatheroftwo Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    I used to play with Scalextric as a boy too and now my Son is getting interested in it so it gives me an excuse to get involved again. thumb.gif

When I was younger, in the late 1960s & the through the 1970s, the models for Scalextric were very simple things looking very plastic. What has shocked me is the level of detail on the models these days. Look at this image showing the rear wheel and general detail on the back of the MP4-22:

220932097-L.jpg

Almost too good to play with...well, only almost! rolleyes1.gif
    Artists have a blank canvass and they create from what they see, whereas photographers take what they see and create something.

f2.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    I used to play with Scalextric as a boy too and now my Son is getting interested in it so it gives me an excuse to get involved again. thumb.gif

When I was younger, in the late 1960s & the through the 1970s, the models for Scalextric were very simple things looking very plastic. What has shocked me is the level of detail on the models these days.

Look at this image showing the rear wheel and general detail on the back of the MP4-22:
    Almost too good to play with...well, only almost! rolleyes1.gif

They look so real ... it's amazing how much attention they pay to detail
    in these models nod.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin