Can I Move Galleries From One Smuggy Site To Another?

saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
edited November 15, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I want to share numerous galleries with my niece who now has her own site and I have tons of photos of her son. Is there a way to copy galleries directly from one Smugmug site to another Smugmug site, or would I need to download them to her pc, using something like AlbumFetcher, and then upload to her own address?

Comments

• DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    I believe that if you ask the Smugmug Superheroes (tm) really nicly they will move the specified galleries for you.
    I don't know of any way for you to move them, other than to download and upload them.

Andrew
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    I want to share numerous galleries with my niece who now has her own site and I have tons of photos of her son. Is there a way to copy galleries directly from one Smugmug site to another Smugmug site, or would I need to download them to her pc, using something like AlbumFetcher, and then upload to her own address?

I have moved galleries from one account to another before. When I inquired about it before, the answer was to email the helpdesk and tell them which galleries (links or gallery numbers) you wanted moved from which account to which other account. That's what I did and they took care of it for me. I gather it is a bit of a manual process for them so I was led to believe it might take them a little while to get to it (1-2 days).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Thank you both for your response, I'll check into it. thumb.gif
  • jcdilljcdill Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Copy, then move
    In order to keep the photos in your own gallery, you can "copy" the photos to a new gallery, then ask that they move the new gallery to the other smugmug site.
    JC Dill - Equine Photographer, San Francisco & San Jose http://portfolio.jcdill.com
    "Chance favors the prepared mind." ~ Ansel Adams
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    I gather it is a bit of a manual process for them so I was led to believe it might take them a little while to get to it (1-2 days).
    It's not hard labor or anything :D

Some days we can do it for you same-day, depends on how crazy busy our heroes are.... one gallery? No biggie, we can so that real-time. Many galleries, well, that'll take longer.

Either way, our support heroes are standing by....
    edited November 13, 2007
    jcdill wrote:
    In order to keep the photos in your own gallery, you can "copy" the photos to a new gallery, then ask that they move the new gallery to the other smugmug site.

Thanks! I was thinking about this last night and realized that I would need to make copies of these galleries....that, I can do! :D
    edited November 13, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Some days we can do it for you same-day, depends on how crazy busy our heroes are.... one gallery? No biggie, we can so that real-time. Many galleries, well, that'll take longer.

Thanks Andy! I'll get my end 'organized' and get in touch with the support heroes! thumb.gif
  • carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Andy, if SmugMug does this do the captions, keywords etc get transfered too or is it just the images ?
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]