Options

B&W Conversions in PS

AussierooAussieroo Registered Users Posts: 234 Major grins
edited November 13, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
These 2 were shot in colour and converted using the B&W Converter in PSCS3. I felt they were more emotive and fitted their time slot better than in colour.

220684531-L.jpg

I tossed up whether to remove the light switvh and towel rail but decided to leave them for perspective. Not sure I should have.

220309710-L.jpg

Then I came up with this version of the first shot. I am thinking I like it better than the first. Any thoughts?

220792684-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    I like the last picture of the bike much better than the first picture. The pic of the door and the halter is great.....I would get rid of the metal bar....Things that run in and out of pictures like that... I think... hurt the compostion......
    WELL DONE!!! AZZARO
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    Thank you for your thoughts on my photos. I guess I should have adjusted the rope when shooting and eliminated the rail. It isn't the easiest to get rid of in PS but will spend so time trying just that and will post the results when I get it done.
    Thanks again

Ralph
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    Okay here are 2 edits I did on the door and lead. Second one in selective sepia I did just on the harness. I feel this worked okay as well?

220890641-XL.jpg

220891411-XL.jpg
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Aussieroo wrote:
    These 2 were shot in colour and converted using the B&W Converter in PSCS3. I felt they were more emotive and fitted their time slot better than in colour.

I tossed up whether to remove the light switvh and towel rail but decided to leave them for perspective. Not sure I should have.

Then I came up with this version of the first shot. I am thinking I like it better than the first. Any thoughts?

Hi Aussieroo, looks like there is meant to be 3 images,
    but I only see 2 images ... the middle image is missing headscratch.gif

I like image 3 with the colour tone added the shot looks more "Aged" than
    the B&W shot.

The images you added further down the post both look good too.
    I like the B&W shot, but I also like the Brown Tone of the Rope shot too.

All the shots look great clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Nice
    I like the secon shot of the bike in the sepia"ish" but the vignetting could be a little subtler