Challenge 34 is a challenge.

4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
edited March 14, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well I guess it isn't called a challenge for nothing. Stuck at home today so I figured why not give it a go. Comments welcome.

17140260-M.jpg

17140264-M.jpg

17140262-M.jpg

I am not totally sure if the last one fits the challenge but the first two do.

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 8, 2005
    Why don't you think the third one fits the challenge? It's my favorite one of the set. Great colors, curves all blend well, and no 750 ml distracting me.

ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Why don't you think the third one fits the challenge? It's my favorite one of the set. Great colors, curves all blend well, and no 750 ml distracting me.

ne_nau.gif
    I just thought it might not be simple enough, thnxs for looking and commenting its much apreciated...
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 8, 2005
    if #3 is a single malt scotch, neat... it's perfectly minimal! rolleyes1.gif
    edited March 8, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    if #3 is a single malt scotch, neat... it's perfectly minimal! rolleyes1.gif
    Actually Angelo its' Bookers Bourbon 125 proof and guaranteed to put hair on your chest..
  • PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
  • canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    Agree... #3 is the best one. 125 proof... that's warm going down for sure.
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 8, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Actually Angelo its' Bookers Bourbon 125 proof and guaranteed to put hair on your chest..
    Which is why I can comb mine! rolleyes1.gif
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    I actually put a picture of a brick wall in my first take on minimalism. Lucky Hack told me something that I'll pass on. LH said that the brick wall might have too much texture to be minimalistic. I think he correct but good take on the last one. Smooth, even though I'm not of legal drinking yet. ;).
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:

ne_nau.gif
    I think #1 is too busy. I prefer #3. It's very simple. I think that fits the theme.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    me too.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    edited March 9, 2005
    Thnxs for taking a look everyone.
    Here are a couple of more ..17183901-M.jpg

17183902-M.jpg

17193174-M.jpg
    edited March 9, 2005
    I am bumping this with the hope of getting comments on my second attempt. I didn't want to start a new thread..Thnxs in advance
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    I am bumping this with the hope of getting comments on my second attempt. I didn't want to start a new thread..Thnxs in advance
    I still say #3 from your first group. Of the new shots, the third is my pick.
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Thnxs for taking a look everyone.
    Here are a couple of more ..

17193174-M.jpg
    this one's a winner!! thumb.gif this one kicks my butt IMO
    edited March 10, 2005
    Cletus thnxs for taking another look.

DF really apreciate the compliment!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 10, 2005
    Yo labs, i'll bite on the bump. Unfortunately, your last set just doesn't scream anything at me. The only constructive comment I can think of is that I really like to see at least one sharp detail in any photo, minimalist or not. While you have some nice patterns and great minimal color interaction, I'm not drawn in by some sharp line to really focus on. Again, just me.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited March 10, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Yo labs, i'll bite on the bump. Unfortunately, your last set just doesn't scream anything at me. The only constructive comment I can think of is that I really like to see at least one sharp detail in any photo, minimalist or not. While you have some nice patterns and great minimal color interaction, I'm not drawn in by some sharp line to really focus on. Again, just me.
    Hey Doc thnxs for taking the time. Your honesty is always apreciated
    edited March 10, 2005
    Three more and I think I am shot on this challenge.
    17265358-M.jpg

17265355-M.jpg

17265354-M.jpg
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Three more and I think I am shot on this challenge.
    17265358-M.jpg

17265355-M.jpg

17265354-M.jpg
    I like the water & the cane photo's either would be great in the contest.
    Keep up the good work. thumb.gif

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    Marshall, NC
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    I like the crocuses, if the shadow were not in there, since it is minimalism.

That one is my favorite, I just think it would be better without the shadow, just my opinion. It is not as abstract as most of the others, that could be the hook that could get you in, just my opinion, of course.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • DawnLandDawnLand Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    wonderful
    4labs wrote:
    Well I guess it isn't called a challenge for nothing. Stuck at home today so I figured why not give it a go. Comments welcome.

17140260-M.jpg

17140264-M.jpg

17140262-M.jpg

I am totally in love with the first one! The colors are so lovely and rich! dawn
    edited March 12, 2005
    Still trying. any opinions?

17367652-M.jpg

17367650-M.jpg
  • morrisphotography2003morrisphotography2003 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    This is by far the best one that you have put up for us to see, to me it contains everything that I am looking for in the challenge. You have taken an ordinary item, stripped it of its identity and turned it into a great piece of art with the greatest of ease. Enjoy the wave bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif17140262-M.jpg
    edited March 12, 2005
    This is by far the best one that you have put up for us to see, to me it contains everything that I am looking for in the challenge. You have taken an ordinary item, stripped it of its identity and turned it into a great piece of art with the greatest of ease. Enjoy the wave bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif17140262-M.jpg
    Thnxs So much. I am leaning that way..
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Still trying. any opinions?

17367652-M.jpg

17367650-M.jpg
    Hi, Labs
    I like the second photo the best! thumb.gif

Keep up the good work.

Take Care,
    Chuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    I agree with DigitalFAerie, that one's a minimalistic wonder if you ask me...Truly fabulous, and know i KNOW i don't stand a chancethumb.gif
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    the more I look at this shot the more I like it. It has really grown on me. definitely challenge worthy, and also, I like the 2nd building shot, where you have a nice balance between the sky and the piece of building. looks like you have a choice, but I wonder if this shot's not strongest? clap.gif
    edited March 14, 2005
    Thnxs again everyone for looking and helping me decide. I think I need to go to a Minimalism Anonymous meeting.

17399205-M.jpg
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2005
    This one's very nice, 4labs. I like the sweeping line, the sky and the B&W. Dunno if it would win a minimalist competition, but I certainly enjoy your image.

17367650-S.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au