Statistics order

JackalJackal Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited December 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
In the past the order for the statistics page listed first the last gallery uploaded. I have not change any setting, but now my last loaded gallery does not show first in the list, but randomly anywhere. I would like to go back to the original order (last gallery loaded shows first). How can I do this?
Thanks

CC
Jackal says Hi!:thumb

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    Jackal wrote:
    In the past the order for the statistics page listed first the last gallery uploaded. I have not change any setting, but now my last loaded gallery does not show first in the list, but randomly anywhere. I would like to go back to the original order (last gallery loaded shows first). How can I do this?
    Thanks

CC
    Hi, you can't change this but I'll try to see what's up.
  • JackalJackal Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, you can't change this but I'll try to see what's up.

Andy,
    Any updates on this? It is quite inconvinient to search for the latest posted gallery; speacially if before thsi was not the case. Somehting has change and I am not sure what.
    Thanks for your assistance with this.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    The order on the stats page has always been, and still is the same order as your galleries on your account.

If you look at your galleries (not categories) on your homepage, they will show in the order that you will see your stats. If you move the galleries around, the stats will move accordingly.

If you set your gallery order to 'most recent', instead of 'position', the most recent gallery will show on your homepage as well as on the stats.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • JackalJackal Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited November 25, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    The order on the stats page has always been, and still is the same order as your galleries on your account.

If you look at your galleries (not categories) on your homepage, they will show in the order that you will see your stats. If you move the galleries around, the stats will move accordingly.

If you set your gallery order to 'most recent', instead of 'position', the most recent gallery will show on your homepage as well as on the stats.

Many thanks!
    That was my issue. I have corrected by modifying as per your reply.

clap.gifwings.gif
  • synaturesynature Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    ivar wrote:

It helps explain why it is so weird. Arranging my galleries for display and managing according to hits are two entirely different activities. When I'm managing, I want my galleries sorted alphabetically -- gallery name/category name/sub-category name. I don't "browse" through the stats information, I open it to use the information, and when I do I usually want to find a few specific galleries first. Having an option to sort by latest modified would be nice-to-have, but not near as important as being able to quickly locate a specific gallery.

When I'm arranging galleries for display, I'm working from a visual and subject area standpoint that has nothing to do with hits or stats.

Thanks,
    brandon smith
    http://synature.smugmug.com
    Brandon Smith
    http://redwoodtwig.com
    Sony A7r4 with a selection of Rokinon Cine primes that I'm really enjoying learning how to use.