D3 or wait for the new 5D ? or the Mark III 1Ds

D_C_NCD_C_NC Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
edited November 15, 2007 in Cameras
I am buying a 4 x 5 for the lanscapes ( Even though I have never ever taken a view camera out of a completely controlled situation before , I am a little intimidated) , a given blowing up images to 30 x 40 inches I need to be perfect , I think..... But , I look at the results and comparisions with the D3 VS the 5D , D3 wins .... BUT , will the new 5D step up to the plate and give me the shawdow detail and less noise ( ? ) of the D3 ? I am in no hurry and want the 1 Ds Mark III to come out but , what I have seen so far for half the money I can be real close, my opinion or actually what I have read and seen on the web. The only thing I can see are the lenses? I really want to see the markIII come into the hands of regular people with as good of comparisons as I have seen the Nikon guys do on the web or where everer.....

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    Its real hard to compare cameras that haven't been released yet. I would say that any one of them would give you good results. The D3 is intended for the sports/action shooter and is not viewed by Nikon as a landscape or studio camera. The Nikon ubercamera is expected to be released sometime next year (think of the D3 with more MP).
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • D_C_NCD_C_NC Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    http://www.christianhandl.com/Unterebene1/Gedankensplitter/nikon_d3-eng.htm
    Harryb wrote:
    Its real hard to compare cameras that haven't been released yet. I would say that any one of them would give you good results. The D3 is intended for the sports/action shooter and is not viewed by Nikon as a landscape or studio camera. The Nikon ubercamera is expected to be released sometime next year (think of the D3 with more MP).
    http://www.christianhandl.com/Unterebene1/Gedankensplitter/nikon_d3-eng.htm
  • mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    Its real hard to compare cameras that haven't been released yet.

Shhhh! Don't tell them on dpreview!
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2007
    mwgrice wrote:
    Shhhh! Don't tell them on dpreview!

rolleyes1.gif

When all the cameras are finally released and objectively reviewed there will be an orgy of pixel peeping, the likes of which we have never seen. :yikes
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited November 14, 2007
    As of tonight, 11/14/2007, there are no formal "reviews" of the Nikon D3 or D300 cameras because no "production" models have been released. All we have are "previews" based on pre-production models.

Harry is right about this.

Hopefully the formal reviews are coming very soon if the production cameras are hitting the shipping/distribution channels as Harry's information seems to suggest.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • sportsshooter06sportsshooter06 Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

When all the cameras are finally released and objectively reviewed there will be an orgy of pixel peeping, the likes of which we have never seen. :yikes

You ain't just whistling dixie, the peepers have nothing better to do, it is amazing.
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    :lurk

It should be highly entertaining to watch.
    :slurp:sloshfriday.gifbinge.gifbooze