birds-2
birds-2.jpg

birds-3
birds-3.jpg
barn
roof-line-1.jpg

tree branch
tree-2.jpg

Let me know what you all think, any of these fall into the theme of the challage? Pretty sure the barn and the last one of the tree would but not sure about the rest.
Either way I am having a ball with my camera! Wheee...

RM
http://roadrunes.com
"It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D

Comments

• Options
    thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    Okay, so I don't know a lot about minimalism but here I go. I think that shots Birds 1 and Birds 3 are the most simplistic and hence the best for the challenge. I don't think the picture of the building is quiet right because its an old building with the paint pelling off. Not that it is a bad photo but I think that more 'functional' kinds of building are better. Like ones that are the shape that they are suppose to be to get the jog done with no ornamental things. Like say a shelf is minimalism if it is just a nook in the wall like this [ but once you start adding trim and stuff to it its not. My personal favorites are the ones where you can see the detail on the birds but for this minimalist challenge I think probably Birds 1 is the best if you make all the birds sillouttes. Though I still want to see you try a bunch of different things! Good job!
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • Options
    PeterGarPeterGar Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    I like "Tree Branch" the best. I think its perfect for the challenge.
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    This without tree branches and put on intersecting lines of thirds woulda been perfect.IMO

bird-92.jpg

Tim
  • Options
    RogerRoger Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2005
    RocketMan wrote:
    Taken on my way home yesterday along the Potomac River

birds-3
    birds-3.jpg

RM
    This one looks best to me for minimalist purposes but you have to remove most of the noise it has like this (done with Noise Ninja, hope you don't mind me doing it).

Roger

17163419-L.jpg
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    If the birds are out of focus, even a smidge, Andy will notice.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    canonguycanonguy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    birds-1 really struck me. I don't know about anyone else, but the shadows of soaring birds moved me. Nice shot.thumb.gif
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    canonguy wrote:
    birds-1 really struck me. I don't know about anyone else, but the shadows of soaring birds moved me. Nice shot.thumb.gif
    I agree... I really like it. I don't think you should worry about the noise in the shot. Go ahead and leave it noisy.
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Thanks for all the comments. I've got some still life's in mind for another go-round. Should be an interesting challange as I haven't really tried any "studio" type stuff yet with the new camera.

RM
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    Two more from Nature
    Tried a few 'studio" shots but didn't much like the lighting and composition so went back outside to visit mother nature again. Here are the two I consider the bests attempts a minimalist shots from that shoot. Opinons anyone?
    branches-3.jpg

and one more single branch with seed pod

branch-5.jpg

RM