SOLD Canon 85/1.2EF first version

luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
edited November 15, 2007 in House of Canon
Hi all! LTNS! I am still in Tajikistan but have 2 lenses left to sell. This is the last shot before they hit *bay. As I am still deployed I left my gear witn a friend and he never uses the lens. As for the condition and year code, I will get lens pics for you if you are interested. Let's start with the results.

When I was driving home I was very eager to test out my new 85mm lens. I mounted the lens on my 1D Mark II and pointed it out the front window of the car as I was driving at 50mph. Not the best idea, but I was fine. I wanted to see if I could focus on the car coming towards me, so I raised the camera over my shoulder and shot. This is what I got as the full frame shot, reduced:

aaz.jpg

As you can see, I barely even got the car in the picture. But I was doing 50mph, he was doing at least the same coming at me, and I shot through a windshield. I am surprised it did not focus on the windshield. When I got home I looked even closer. I enlarged the image to 100% and began to look around. This is the passenger in the car:

aay.jpg

The stripes on her face are shadows from the overhead power lines. Not bad for an off-center grab shot at a combined speed of 100mph and through two windshields!

A few miles later I wanted to try again, but avoid the windshield if I could. I had no idea how good the previous shot came out. I rolled down my window and as I started up a hill, I shot the sunset out the driver's window. Just another grab shot. Here is the full frame image, reduced:

aba.jpg

After seeing the results of the passenger above I wondered how much better it would look on a stationary object with no window glass. I enlarged the KPF on top of the telephone pole and I got this. This is 200% original size and all these pictures are UNCORRECTED. This is right out of the camera! Check out the details!

abb.jpg

You must admit, this is an incredible lens. Now I had owned the 85/2 and only had it for one day. THIS IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!

$1,050 and I pay shipping in the US. Paypal okay. E-mail me at aorobert at gmail dot com.

Comments

• luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Lens has sold. Everyone says I undercharged. I guess the buyer got a great deal! WIN/WIN! Thank you.