Washington DC Trip

jbr13jbr13 Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
edited November 17, 2007 in Landscapes
Made it into DC this last Monday with a friend. We ended up with some nice shots.

221367116-XL-2.jpg

221367949-XL-2.jpg

221367826-XL-2.jpg

221368006-XL-2.jpg

221372269-XL-2.jpg

221372050-XL-2.jpg

221367539-XL-2.jpg

221367908-M-2.jpg
Jason

http://jbr.smugmug.com/

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced... Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice"

Comments

• 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Nice work; real nice compositions & exposures, all.

The only constructive comment I can even think of at all is that maybe try some 'less-frontal' vantage points, or maybe less centered. Your exposures were all excellent, and creative, but your camera vantage points were all pretty straight on. Of course too much angle in your camera approach might be discomforting to some (me included :) ), but it's something you might want to experiment with. You sure have the rest under control; these are gorgeous photos! You've got very dynamic lighting going on, now maybe try to get a little more dynamic in your composition/shot angles -- just a thought.

But please take this as a compliment!!
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • jbr13jbr13 Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    1Pocket, Thank you very much for the nice words. Thank you also for the thoughts on angles and vantage points. I will try to keep that in mind more often. Thank you again!

Jason

1pocket wrote:
    Nice work; real nice compositions & exposures, all.

The only constructive comment I can even think of at all is that maybe try some 'less-frontal' vantage points, or maybe less centered. Your exposures were all excellent, and creative, but your camera vantage points were all pretty straight on. Of course too much angle in your camera approach might be discomforting to some (me included :) ), but it's something you might want to experiment with. You sure have the rest under control; these are gorgeous photos! You've got very dynamic lighting going on, now maybe try to get a little more dynamic in your composition/shot angles -- just a thought.

But please take this as a compliment!!
    Jason

http://jbr.smugmug.com/

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced... Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice"
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    Outstanding all but the 1st, 2nd, and 5th are truly inspirational and poignant in these troubled times. Thank you for sharing.
    (What I mean is all are outstanding but I especially liked 1, 2, and 5)

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    I like the one of the korean war memorial the best.
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    I like the one of the korean war memorial the best.
    15524779-Ti.gif The best of a nice set.

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown